8.Sorry, I just didn't get that. I don't speak bullshit.

I slept last night with the intention to skip work today. But, after a good night sleep, my mind got better. And I should distract myself with work. Because I love my work and a lot of it can definitely stop me from thinking. About my messed up life. And it's Monday. Monday's the juiciest day of the week. Let's hope so is today. I did my normal morning routine but I added a 15-minute yoga exercise.

I stopped by for coffee before heading to work. I reached the building 5 minutes earlier than I usually do. I walked in the lobby and I wish the security guard 'good morning' and walked straight to the elevator and hit for level 30. Once reached, I walked out with a cup of latte in my hand and it surprises me that no one is here yet except for Eve. I asked her where everyone is. And it appears that they are all coming a little later than usual. I ignored it and just sat down on my desk and opened my laptop.

I rearranged my desk to make it more spacious. As soon as I finished, people started arriving, one by one. And of course, lastly, Fiona. Once she settled, it was already exactly 9 AM around 9.15, everyone was already coming in her office for the staff's meeting. We were all assigned to different tasks.

I was told to write about a feminism article I was thinking the headline should be, Fake Feminists; The True Meaning of Feminism. Fiona also said that I have to interview a few women that she chose for the article. She said there will be 5 women. Two of them will be coming in before lunch hour and the rest, after. She also suggested me to use her office when I interview them but I politely declined. Yes, her office is bigger but my desk is perfect and everything I need will be there.

"I'm looking for Eefa Allen. Do you know where she is?" A lady came in and asked Eve after about an hour or so.

"Are you here for the feminism interview?" I stood up and asked.

She nodded and I pointed to the chair beside my desk. Motioning for her to sit there. I gave her a drink and started interviewing her. I jotted down all the information that I think will be needed for the article. Her name is Bethany and we both talked for a long time. Once we were done, she stood up and thanked me for the warm welcome. And she hoped that my article will improve everyone's perspective. I thanked her for the vote of confidence and said goodbye to her as I sat down, rereading all the information I wrote down.

After around 30 minutes later, another girl who looked about my age came asking about me. I gave her a cup of coffee and told her to sit down. I got to know her a little and her name is Lydia and she is 23 and still in college. I asked her all the questions I asked Bethany just now. We talked longer than Bethany and I did because her story is really interesting and it had a lot of information that can be used for the article. We said our goodbyes once we finished and immediately after, I was called into Fiona's office.

I was nervous because I thought she was going to scold me or anything. Yes, my self-confidence isn't as high as it used to be when I was with Izaaq. He helped get through everything. NO! I screamed in my head. No thinking about Izaaq. Or Zach. Anyways, I entered, wishing it wasn't what I thought it would be.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked slowly not wanting to ruin her mood as she was shoving a cupcake in her mouth. Not exactly shoving. She's classier than that.

"Yes, I do," she answers once she finished chewing her cupcake and wiped her mouth on a napkin.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yes. Everything's great."

"So why'd you wanna see me?"

"Can you let me talk?" she snapped and I lowered my head. SHIT! I thought to myself. She took a second before continuing, "As you know, next week is 'intern week' where all the new interns start working," she says with disgust. "And during that week, one person from each department are sponsored to go on a vacation. And congrats, you and Kate are going to France together next week. Kate already knows about this."