24

*Three Weeks Later*

Leah flipped through the pages of an old lore book. She readjusts her glasses by pushing them back on her nose.

It had been a confusing few weeks. The angels were unusually silent since the whole thing with Tom. She expected a visit from Uriel right afterwards, but there was not a peep even from him.

She was suppose to be starting a new trial soon as well. So that made the silence even more unusual. Maybe something had happened with Heaven.

Nah. She would definitely know if something was up with Heaven. That's all Uriel would be saying to her, about how Heaven was having a problem and they needed her to finish her trials quickly. So it most likely had nothing to do with that.

That was not the only odd thing going on though. Since that night of that horrible nightmare, she had a new perspective of Gabriel.

She would had never thought he could take charge and become serious. He just seemed so childish for a celestial being that was as old as time. Hell, he had became the new god of mischief after all.

There was also something else about him. She did not just see him as another stupid angel anymore. She was actually starting to enjoy his company.

Could you believe it? Leah Wilson actually wondering when the next time Gabriel, the archangel and trickster, would pop up out of nowhere. Something was definitely wrong with her.

Leah would also catch herself thinking about him. Her mind would just randomly drift off, and she would just think about little things about him. Little things like how soft his hair look, how he would laugh, how he had this toothless smile, or even his eyes.

Lord, his eyes. His eyes were just so remarkable. The color of them was just so beautiful. The way they would sparkle with mischief. Even the way they would gloss over with concern while his warm hand cupped her cheek. They were wonderf-

Leah, knock it off! You keep forgetting about who you're talking about! It's just old stupid Gabriel! Just forget about him! You have a boyfriend that you love for God's sake!

She shook her head, going back to the book. She needed all her attention on this book. No more interruptions from her idiotic thoughts.

Leah fixed the position of her glasses again as she flipped the old wornout page. The book was about a century old. She was lucky to get her hands on it.

She was so engaged by the book, she did not see Gabriel appear in the kitchen. He propped himself on the wall opposite from her.

He watched her as she put a strand of her flowing red hair behind her ear. Her green eyes were once again behind the lenses of her glasses. And wow, her glasses made her seem so, what was the word, sophisticated. He liked it.

His eyes immediately drifted down to her mouth as she bit her bottom lip in concentration. He licked his own at the sight. He was not afraid to admit that it was hot. Anything she did with her lips was alluring. Especially after that night.

Oh, Dad, why was he doing this again? She was just another woman that had a pretty face. Why was he all worked up about it? It agitated him so bad. What was the deal with her?

Gabriel picked himself off the wall and made his way toward the counter she was sitting at. She still did not even acknowledge him.

"How's my favorite four eyes?" He asks with a faint smirk.