ONE 하나

I looked around my room and saw the people who cared so much for me.

"Mom, Dad... Thank you. You have heard everything that I wanted you to know already. A thousand times already, actually." I smiled at them. "I want them to hear what I want to say for the last time." I said bitter-sweetly and with that, they smiled at me before leaving the room, temporarily.

The people who cared for me so much and the people who stayed through my long and roller-coaster journey besides my family, stayed in the room.

I smiled at them but a tear escaped my eye.

They tried to smile back but sadness was evident in their eyes even though they looked happy and content.

"Thank you for staying by my side..." I knew I sounded and looked so weak.

"You gave me happiness that only a friend can give." I smiled again only for my tears to flow.

"I can't believe my boyfriends are witnessing how ugly and weak their girlfriend is." I wiped my tears. I knew that they really want to talk back to me but they just shook their heads and chuckled.

"Thank you so much for staying even though I wasn't something easy to handle. You were one of my constellations whenever I lost my path in this... great life. This life was already great without you but you made it greater since I met all of you under that downpour and I can't believe that I'm leaving on the same day and the same setting of that downpour." I sobbed and looked outside the window where the rain was pouring non-stop. They all looked like the same statue when they tried to fit in that tiny corner. All of them approached me immediately, concerned that I might suddenly... leave them.

Silence was all there is besides our sobs." I never knew boys cry and sob like this. " I tried to chuckle to lighten the atmosphere but nothing changed except that they hugged me tighter.

I closed my eyes, feeling the warmth they're giving me. Another batch of tears escaped my eyes again. But this time, I cried silently and it was because I realized how greatful I am to have them even just for a short time.

"I'm sorry that I have to leave... I don't want to because... I love you. I love each and every one of you but... It's what my heart and my mind decided. You have known that this day will come even before we completely knew each other. You knew that I will be leaving someday. That I won't be a permanent part of this world." I let my weight lie on their shoulders.

I smiled as I realized how great the people I am leaving behind is.

I paused just to reminisce how great my life was and how great it is with these 11 dorky boys.

So how did I really get here with them?