Kissing Violet.

Bell's POV

"It's okay." Violet said with a sad smile, "Neither have I." she confessed resting her head on my shoulder.

What does she mean she's never had any friends?

This girl was stunning, funny, and outgoing!?

I just didn't get it?

*****

"So what do you wanna do?" Violet asked after we had finished our dinner. Ham and cheese sandwiches with chips.

Suddenly I had an idea.

"How about 20 questions?" I asked determined to find out Violets secret.

She shrugged. "Sure why not." she said with a hint of worry in her green orbs.

"I'll go first. What's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Black." she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "How'd you find this place?" she asked.

"You could say it found me.." I shrugged. "What's your biggest secret?" I asked hopping she would tell me why she ran away.

"I-I umm..." she said looking down. "I erm have never been kissed." she whisper-blushed.

She looked so cute that my body took total control of my mind and before I knew it I crashed my rough lips against her soft ones.

For a moment she was shocked but then she began to kiss me back slinking her fragile arms around my waist puling our bodies closer.The kiss started off slow but grew faster and more intense. I cupped her face deepening the kiss and felt Violets soft hand slide up my shirt. Letting out a soft moan I kissed Violet harder and more passionately.

Suddenly my mind registered what we were doing and I removed Violets hand from beneath my shirt and pushed her back. There was a shocked yet pained look in her eyes that made me regret my decision to end the kiss.

That amazing kiss.

But deep inside me I knew it was wrong.

I knew that no matter how much I wanted this girl we could only be 'friends.' And that was saying a lot.

Looking back at Violet I saw a silent tear fall down her rosy cheek followed by a few others.

Why did I always screw things up!

I gently wiped away a few of her falling tears pulling her warm body onto mine. I hugged her, not in a lovers way but in a friendly way. She just sat their frozen in time. She didn't even hug me back.

"Violet.." I whispered into her neck.

She didn't respond.

"Okay don't talk just listen.." I said reciting a poem I wrote for her when I was watching her gaze out the window of the cafe.

"I thought hope was gone,

But then hope sent me this place.

I thought hope was gone,

But then hope showed me your face.

I thought hope was gone,

But now I'm standing in your embrace.

So please stop crying sweetheart,

Have a little faith."

Giving in I bent down and slowly kissed Violet for the second time today. This kiss was different from the last one, it was loving and sweet. Violet eventually kissed me back running her fingers threw my black hair. We pulled away grinning like mad. I continued to hold Violets small body close to mine.

"I didn't know you wrote poems." she whispered into my chest.

"You never asked.."