Rough Times

(Pretend that its Erin and Puck in the gif.)

"If I may ask, what's wrong with your sister?" Noah asked concern laced in his voice. My eyes cloud over with tears. Noah notices and pulls me into a hug. My mom walks out of the kitchen and sees my tears.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" My mom asked

"Mom, can you explain Casey's situation tomorrow at glee?" I asked her.

"Sure, sweetheart. Noah, will you be having dinner with us?" Mom asked.

"If your okay with having me join you, Ms. Lopez." Noah replied.

"You can call me Dianne, Noah. And its fine the more the merrier." Mom said with a smile. She always has my friends call her by her first name or by Mom. I'm okay with it though.

"How about you two watch a movie while I cook dinner, okay?" Mom said with a smile. We nodded and put on Jaws.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

As Noah and I walked to glee club, my anxiety started to kick in

"Hey, its gonna be okay. I'll be right there next to you. I promise." Noah said grabbing hand and giving it a firm squeeze to assure me.

"Thank you, Noah." I said. We walked to the choir room. Mike waved us over.

"Hey Mikey." I said as I sat down.

"What's Mom doing here?" Mike asked. Mike and I have been best friends since we were five.

"She's gonna explain what's going on with Casey." I said. I felt Noah squeeze my hand.

"What's wrong, Noah?" I whisper-asked him.

"Can I ask you something after glee?" Noah asked me.

"Of course, Noah." I said with a small smile.

My mom finished talking to Mr. Shue and stood in front of everyone.

"Hello, umm... Some of you know who I am but I'm Erin's mother. I'm here to tell you guys about my youngest daughter, Casey. Casey, much like her big sister, loves to sing. For only being 4 years olds, Casey has many friends. Although most of them being Erin's friends, Casey considers them all her family. When Casey was 2 years old, She was diagnosed with some sort of disease that has never been documented before. This has come to the point  we are only able to be in the same room as her for a certain amount of time. Her doctors believe Casey will only live till she's 6 years old. Erin spends most her time at home with Casey, whether its watching a movie or taking a nap with Casey or telling her about all of you or talking about boys." Everyone laughed at that one.

"Whatever it was, Erin always makes sure to spend time with Casey. The same goes for when Santana, my beautiful niece, would come over to visit. The other night Erin came home with Noah, who had a black eye and bloodied knuckles, after Erin helped him clean up, she took him to meet Casey. Noah stayed for dinner then left. When I went to put Casey to bed, She asked me if Noah had been in an epic battle to save her sister because of his black eye. I told her that was close to what had happened. Casey told that she wants someone to fight for her like that. So, thank you Noah for being there for Erin and bringing hope to Casey. I appreciate it." My mom finished. I looked over at Noah and gave him a side hug.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

"So what did you wanna ask me?" I asked Noah once we got to my locker.

"I- uh... I really like you Erin and I- I understand if you don't feel the same way I just-" I interrupt him by giving him a kiss.

"Of course I like you. When my mom said Casey and I would talk about boys, she was referring to you." I said with a giggle.

"Oh, umm...Well, Would you maybe wanna go to Breadstix with me?" Noah asked scratching the back of his head.

"Like a date?" I asked.

"Y-yeah." Noah stuttered.

"Your cute when you stutter." I giggled again.

"Wha-What?" He asked in disbelief.