CH5: Standoff

Currently, Y/N and friends were wandering the Man-Eating forest in search of the Madara Snake.

Shera: Hey! Where do you think the Madara Snake is?

Rem: It's not going to be in the grass. It's a snake that's about twenty meters long. It would probably be in the swamp.

Y/N: I swear if it just jumps out at me from nowhere, I will cut the entire forest in half.

Rem: I'll look for it with a summoned beast.

Rem took out a crystal. She was about to summon it when Shera stopped her.

Shera: We're the only ones doing this quest right?

Rem: Yeah.

Shera had a confused look on her face as she looked up at the trees above.

Shera: There are presences, several people in the trees.

Diablo, Y/N, and Rem quickly put their guards up. They looked up, trying to sense their stalkers.

Y/N: So that's what I was sensing.

Diablo: You knew?

Y/N: I thought they were animals!

Shera: There's about ten of them. There just preparing to ambush a monster right?

Y/N: You are just way more than a pretty face aren't you? Sensei!

Diablo: Right! [Burst Rain]!!!

Diablo quickly shot balls of fire into the branches above. As soon as it reached them, people dressed in green uniforms jumped down from the treetops.

Shera: Selsio! What are you doing here!

Selsio: We heard that you had been captured by a slave trader! We have come to rescue you!

Diablo: Acquaintances of yours?

Shera: Ah...well...

Shera just fiddled with her fingers, struggling to answer Diablos question.

Selsio, who had seen enough, pulled out his bow. He had it aimed at Diablo, and was ready to put an arrow between his eyes.

Selsio: So you're the slave trader?! Return Lady Shera at once!

That's when Y/N, who remained rather quiet during the two parties interaction, spoke up. He drew his sword, and it glowed a bright red.

Y/N: I don't know the specifics of this, and frankly I don't care. But its clear Shera doesn't want to go with you. I suggest all of you traps head home!

Shera: Y/N...

Selsio: Silence!

Selsio aimed his bow at Y/N, who had now positioned himself in front of Shera.

Selsio: It is clear that she is with you against her will! You must be controlling her with that slave collar! Lady Shera is not someone who should be a slave! Being of the Greenwood Kingdom, Lady Shera is the Greenwood Kingdoms noble princess!

(Y/N POV)

Princess? I kinda figured, but whatever.

Shera: I don't care a bit about the royal family!

Shera, who was behind me, stood in front of me, looking at the guy called Selsio dead in the eye.

Selsio: Princess! Everyone of the Royal Family is worried about you!

I would be too, to be honest. Especially with how airheaded Shera is.

Shera: What my brother and the others are worried about isn't me, but the successor right! I've had enough of a life where I have no freedom whatsoever!! I absolutely won't go back!!!