CH7: The Wall

Y/N and Shera both walked down a dirt path, a basket in Shera's hand which held some supplies.

Shera: I kinda wish Diablo and Rem would've come along.

Y/N: It's just a simple delivery quest. Besides, I'm sure Rem and Sensei are totally getting all lovey-dovey with each other right now.

Shera laughed, her "assets" jiggling slightly due to her movement.

Y/N: Though, it's not like we can talk either...

Shera: T-That's true...

It was quiet for a few minutes. But as the two neared the wall, Shera yelled in excitement.

Shera: There it is!

Y/N focused his gaze at the large group of knights.

Y/N: Hey Shera, stay behind me when we get closer.

Shera: Hm? Why?

Y/N: Just in case something happens.

Shera, still questioning Y/N's concern, stood behind him slightly. While she didn't get it entirely, if it would calm him down then she would do it.

The two approached the group of knights, Y/N ready to grab his blade.

Y/N: I'm here at the request of the guild.

???: They told us you were coming. Thank you.

A guy who looked pretty familiar walked forward.

Shera: Ah, that's the guy from when we first entered the city with the collars.

Boris: Yes, my name is Boris. I do apologize for that.

We gave them whatever they asked for and Boris gave me a letter. Guess that's enough to verify we completed the quest.

Boris: You guys should hurry back.

Y/N: How come?

Boris: There seem to be at least a hundred demons behind this wall.

(Y/N POV)

Demons, and at least a hundred at that. These guards don't stand a chance.

Shera: An army of demonic beings!?

Y/N: You guys...arent leaving, right?

Bolis: Yes, it's our duty as knight's to stall until the civilians get somewhere safe.

What would Sensei do in a situation like this? If I leave them be the demons would eventually make there way to the town. He could defeat them, but there could be more casualties.

I probably can't beat all of then either. At least, that's the safe thing to assume.

Y/N: Shera...you should head back.

Shera: What?

These guys...theyre going to fight knowing it's pointless. They're going to fight believing their deaths will help someone they don't know survive.

Y/N: Nobody is going to die today. Not while I'm around. Don't want that shit on my conscious.

If these guys who are weaker than me are going to fight a losing battle like this and I run away...then what's the power that I have even good for?

Y/N: That kind of resolve...its pretty badass.

Shera grabbed my sleeve, pulling me close.

Shera: Y/N, don't tell me you're going to fight them!

Y/N: I promised myself that I would use this power of mine to live a life of freedom! If I want to fight some demons, then I'll fight some demons!

Shera: B-But...

I put my hand on her head.

Y/N: Dont worry, I won't die. I still have a few games from my world I want to play.

I've always wanted to do the cool headpat assurance thing!

Shera: Promise?

YN: Promise.

I can't see Shera's face entirely as her head was down, but I could see her cheeks turn a faint red.

Y/N: Alrighty, stay back here.

I don't know if this is me being noble or stupid. Though I guess one could be both. Entering the gate, I was stopped by a few knights. Boris explained, and I was let through. The draw bridge was dropped and I stepped through it, hearing the sound of it rising.

Y/N: I'd look like a bitch if I back out now huh...

In front of me was quite the army. Don't know why I didn't expect this. Sweating a bit, I wonder if I might actually die...

(Flashback)

Y/N: Hey, Sensei?

Diablo: What is it?

The two of us were in a call, grinding away to pass the time. I had just gotten into an argument with my parents, and was feeling like shit.

Y/N: What do you do...to make yourself not feel scared?

He hummed in thought for a moment.

Diablo: Well, I would...

(Flashback End)

Lie to yourself...lie to everyone around you. Turn that fear into courage and charge headfirst....

Taking a breath, I draw my blade.

Y/N: MY NAME IS Y/N, THE ONE WHO EATS DEMONS LIKE YOU FOR BREAKFAST! YOU DARE INVADE THE LAND CLAIMED BY THE GREAT DEMON KING DIABLO? AS HIS STUDENT, I WONT ALLOW IT!

I surprised myself, to be honest. I didn't know I could tell that loud.

Demons were all about power and stuff right? These things obviously were intelligent, else they would have attacked already. They must be taking orders from someone. 

Nonetheless... 

Please be scared and run off!

Instead of that, A giant one walked forward. Its head was similar to a boar, his tusks sharp.

???: You...small...you weak!

Bringing its large ax down on me, I decided to make him an example.

Y/N: Sword Skill: Knight's Counter.

The ax would shatter, the demon's hand completely gone. The thing seemed surprised. Not wasting time, I jump up and kick his chin, sending him flying in the air. The sound of his jaw cracking echoed throughout the field.  With another punch, I sent him into the crowd of demons, a dust cloud forming as he landed.

I pick up my sword, checking for blood on it. Still clean. 

Y/N: Who's next?