Chapter 3: Partners-In-Crime

---

"I fought my nightmare with every fiber of my being, when out of nowhere, I heard a voice that would lead me back to reality..."

---

{*~Hisae's Point of View~*}

Eastern Coastal Plains of India, A.D. 1584

"...Hey, are you okay?"

An unknown voice spoke to me, leading to me waking up... I think. I mean, I was barely conscious around that time, so I couldn't tell whether I'm still in a nightmare or not. With half-closed eyes, I observed the environment I'm in, only to notice a man in front of me, "Huh..?"

Concerning the image of the male, I would say that he's slightly around my age, but is shorter than me when it comes to height. He has an outfit that a young traveler might wear while a few messy strands of brown hair can be seen from some parts of his turban. I should also mention that he has a diagonal scar between his green hues...

"Oh good, you're awake! Boy, I thought you got collapsed from exhaustion since you're heavily sleeping on a trunk... Though you might wanna be careful when swinging your weapon like that, missy. Someone's gonna get hurt if ya keep that up, or perhaps you only drank too much beer or something?" claimed the lad.

"If I'm really in a dream, then this guy I'm looking at right now must be an enemy..."

My instincts kicking in, I readied my twinblade and attempted to slash at the other, predicting that the only way out of this is to defend myself, "Stay away!"

"W-Whoa!" the man swiftly dodged my attack, glaring at me in confusion. "Take it easy, dudette! I'm not looking for a fight!"

I huffed in suspicion, "And why should I believe you?"

"Uhh...because I'm single and ready to mingle?" stated the brunet, nervously.

"That reply... Yeah. Wow. Congratulations, mister. You successfully just made yourself even more worse from my perspective."

I showed a blank expression on my features, implying that I'm not convinced and was a little fazed by his statement, "Right... Not in a million years will I take that as a reason. Prepare yourself!" I answered and pointed my weapon towards him.

The opposing male jerked, "Tch, guess I cannot charm you with words alone..." He later pulled out a nunchuck, which has a knife on each of its two ends, from his side and positioned himself in a battle stance, "Alright. If it's a fight you want, then it's a fight you get!"

"Bring it on!" I charged forward and swirled my blade at him, "Haaah!"

Swoosh!

Unfortunately, my opponent evaded the strike in a nick of time. He then ran behind me and tried to kick me as payback, "Hruatahh!"

Clank!

"G-Grr!" I've managed to block him out of luck, a bit relieved. Yet I must admit, his speed and agility skills are actually pretty good... I shouldn't have underestimated him in terms of battling.

Nevertheless, I will never lose to someone like him!

The duel between the two of us went on and on as several minutes passed by. Multiple times did we exchanged attacks from both our fists, kicks, and weapons. Nearing the end of it all, my sword and his nunchuck were about to vertically clash with each other once again. However...