Chapter 2: The Astral Fissure and the Blades of Fate

---

"In order to prevent my terrible fate, I must absorb a large amount of power from these so-called 'astral fissures' according to Zasalamel. Nonetheless, everything comes with a price... And this is one I wouldn't have imagined."

---

{*~Hisae's Point of View~*}

Journey's Dawn, A.D. 1584

The man, who was the figure that had been summoned by the astral fissure, raised his long sword high in the air as he swirled it around in the process, "Gwooaagh!"

"Don't just sit there surprised," Zasalamel pointed out in an instance. "It looks like you've get a fight on your hands."

Wait, he's not gonna help me with this..?

"On my hands? Alone?!" I asked for confirmation in a bewildered but loud tone.

Zasalamel nodded, "Indeed. I won't be able to accompany you once you get to deal with the astral fissure in front of us. Thus, you will need to find out a way to win against these creatures without my assistance."

You have got to be kidding me! I'm fine with him guiding me through advice during the battle instead of joining in the fight, even if it's only for one time. But not helping in any way at all? That's a different matter at hand..!

"Gwaaarh!" Eventually, the opposing male rushed forth and went for an assault.

"Whoa!" I reacted with a quick dodge.

Zasalamel moved with no signs of hesitation, "Hmph."

The two of us managed to avoid it on time, but the scene didn't end there. The monstrous man faced me with cruel intent afterwards, breathing heavily and approaching me in a fast pace.

Biting my lip, I reached out for my own weapon beside me. Although when I attempted to, I came to the realization that something seems wrong...

...Did I even carried my twinblade along the way?

"Oh, shoot-!" I then noticed that my blade wasn't with me, my eyes widening in shock. Does that mean that I've be unarmed this whole time..? Great, now how am I supposed to strike back!?

The berserk male later made his next assault while I'm trying my absolute best to dodge his moves in any direction available. It is quite tiring, I'll admit, as I'm barely catching my breath after a few moments of evading.

"Haa... Hah..." I promptly observed my surroundings, searching for a way to at least knock my opponent down. It did not took long before I received a glimpse of a tree behind me with slightly low but somewhat strong branches that I may be able to grab onto. Finally coming up with a little plan in mind, I ran in front of the tree and whistled.

"Hey, you!" yelled I at the man. "Over here!"

The male charged towards me with his weapon above his head, "Arrrrrgggh!"

When the other was about to assail, I escaped to the side of the tree. The sword of the man got stuck after it made contact with the trunk of the tree. Knowing I could use it as my advantage, I swiftly circled the tree and hopped, holding onto one of the branches as I gave a shot on kicking the opposing male, "Take this!"

"H-Hargh!" the other stumbled backwards, yet I know that is not enough to defeat him.

Landing on the ground, I attempted to pull the sword from the tree with all my might to wield it against my enemy. Nothingness, when I almost got it...