April 11

Theo walks out of the palace for what he hopes is the last time for a while three days later.

Liam is standing beside his father just inside the gates with a serious look on his face.

The king is glaring at Liam, which Theo isn't really surprised by. He turns his glare on Theo as he gets closer.

"I can't believe you're actually just abandoning your duties like this." He hisses.

Theo sneers back at his father, walking to stand beside Liam.

"They aren't worth staying for."

His father's nostrils flare and he draws himself up.

"You don't deserve to be a prince."

Theo flinches and beside him Liam tenses, the sticky feeling of magic seeping into the air.

"I never had a choice." He chokes out before reaching for Liam's arm.

When he meets Liam's eyes he's staring at Theo with a strange expression.

"How are we leaving?" Theo says, ignoring the look for now.

Liam blinks and the gives him a wicked grin.

"So long, Jonathan ." He calls.

He grabs Theo's hand and then his magic pours through Theo, making every nerve in his body tingle. Suddenly they're in Los Angeles.

Theo stumbles as soon as Liam lets go of him.

"That was dramatic." He gasps, bent over on what appears to be a sidewalk.

There's only a laugh from Liam. When Theo finally manages to straighten up and the world stops spinning he finds Liam smirking at him.

"First time?" He drawls, and there's some kind of suggestion there.

Theo wrinkles his nose at Liam, but doesn't answer. Liam turns away and makes a grand gesture, waving his arms around in a way that's both ridiculous and kind of charming.

"Welcome to Los Angeles." He proclaims.

Theo glances around. It's loud and kind of dirty. Nothing like the pristine grass and jewel sky of the fey kingdom.

He kind of loves it.

Liam rolls his eyes when Theo starts to truly grin.

"Let's get going, princeling."

Theo isn't even mad at him. Liam eventually has to grab his arm and drag him along because he won't stop staring at everything.

It takes Theo a few blocks to remember he's supposed to be cool. Liam snorts when he pulls his hand away but doesn't stop him.

"Is it everything you expected?" Liam asks after a moment.

Theo fights to keep the giddy smile off his face.

"Yeah." He says shortly, voice shaking with the effort of not yelling it.

In his defence, he's been waiting for this for at least a century.

"Where are we going?" He asks after a moment.

Liam stops in front of a tall building.

It rises higher than the buildings nearby, glass and brick standing out strangely against the shiny metal stores and studios around it.

"This is where we're going to live." Liam explains, striding toward the door without waiting for Theo.

Theo frowns and hurries after him.