0.4

Monday Morning

8:05 AM

My flight leaves at 2. The airport is 3 hours away and I can barely make my eyes open. Not to mention, I haven't packed anything. I rub my eyes and put my glasses on. I realize I have an hour and a half of an hour till I have to leave.   

I go to my closet and grab my carry on suitcase. I open it and start packing shorts, shirts, sweats, and a lot more. I slipped on a pair of Adidas sweats and a Duke sweatshirt. I eat breakfast then pack the rest of my clothes.

I go to my bathroom and throw my hair up in a ponytail. I brush my teeth and pack my toiletries. I go back to my room and finish packing. I grab my Osprey backpack and pack a portable charger, snacks, bible, book, and wallet.

9:16 AM

"I'll see you soon mom." I say to my mom as we both walk out of the house door. My dad puts my suitcase in my car and I thank him.   

"I know. I love you Sage. Be careful. Text me when you are get to the airport, before you get on the plane, when you land, and when you are at Duke okay?" My mom rambles off.

"I will. Love you too." I say, hugging her one more time.

"Bye dad, love you." I say hugging my dad.

"Love you too Sage. Tell K I said hi." He says smiling

"Will do." I say. I hop in my car and wave one last time.

12:54 PM
I stopped at McDonalds to grab a breakfast sandwich on my way to the airport. There wasn't a lot of traffic which was a bonus. I parked my car in the parking garage and got my suitcase and bag out. I grabbed my wallet and phone then put my backpack on

I walked through the sliding glass doors of the Detroit Airport and checked into my flight. I went through security and everything went smoothly. I went to Subway for lunch and got a simple sandwich.   

I found my gate and sat down in a seat, waiting for my flight. I got on my phone and texted Matt that I'm at the airport.   

1:42 PM

After waiting for an hour at the gate, we all started to board the plane. I find my seat and sit down. It's a window seat which I'm very happy about. I put my backpack in the space in front of me and try to get comfy. I put my earphones in and pull my laptop out.

4:03 PM

I put everything in my backpack. The plane lands and we all exit the plane. I go down to the escalator that leads to the luggage belt. I find my bag and start to walk to the door.

I hear loud footsteps and someone picks me up.

"Sage!!! I've missed you so much!" The figure says behind me.

"Milly!?" I say in excitement. I turn around and hug him tight.

"Milly, get off. You are gonna kill her." Matt says

"Matt!" I say hugging him. I let go of him. I look at them all. I see Quinn and Marshall.   

"Sage! I've missed you so much!" Quinn says picking me up.

"I've missed you too bud!" I say, laughing a little. He sets me down and we all hug

"I've missed you guys so much!" I say separating from them all.

"We've missed you too Sagers!" Marshall says.

"Well come on, let's get back to Cameron." Matt says. I roll my suitcase to their car and Quinn puts it in the trunk and I call shotgun. Matt gets in the driver seat.