5

After classes ended, Masen told his friends that he will miss their football training for today because of an important reason. Of course, his friends questioned him about it, but he just said that it’s urgent and a matter of life and death. That being stated, Masen's friends went hysterical, laughing so hard because of it. That's typical Masen Tomlinson, the jester of the group, another addition to why the whole women population wants to be called his.

After too much convincing, his friends finally let him go and do his so called 'urgent business'. So he jogged to his locker to put his books in there. He slung his bag on his shoulder as he started running out of the campus toward 'his tree'.

Once he spotted the beautifully radiant girl sitting on his usual spot, he couldn't help but smile. It’s a nice view to see the woman you love sitting on your place.

Masen didn't have the time to admire Darcy for long because Darcy saw him and stood up from where she was sat. Patting the dirt off of her behind.

"Hey, uh I hope it’s alright with you that I sat on your spot." Darcy said shyly, looking over at Masen's direction.

Masen quickly shook his head saying, "No. I don't mind. Let's sit." He guided Darcy as he sat himself too. Both of them under his tree.

"Sorry I took longer than I should. My friends won't let me out." He chuckled while shaking his head, remembering how his friends were earlier.

"It’s alright; it was nice to watch people go in and out of there. No wonder why you love it here." She smile toward Masen, making Masen's heart beat quickly as he smiled back at her.

"Yeah, plus, its shady here. Saves me from the sun, though it never visits us here." He said as he chuckles, stating the truth. It is always dark and clammy in London. Specifically, in the North.

Those words made Darcy giggle, enjoying the way that Masen is taking her stress away just by being his simple jester-like self, as she lean her back on the tree, stretching her not so long legs in front of her. "It’s incredible how I could feel slight happiness whenever you're around. That 'H' word is much needed." She said, referring to the word happiness.

The moment Masen heard that, was the moment that he promised himself that he's going to stay on Darcy's side for as long as she needs him to make her happy. He will be doing it with so much passion that he will choose to make Darcy happy instead of whatever else people will offer him. Because in all honesty, even Darcy doesn't know it, Masen made her his world.

His world revolves around her and he knows how unhealthy that is, but he couldn't stop himself. It just happened. Darcy is his everything and it will stay that way no matter how hard he tries to change it.

"Well that 'H' word will be staying because I'm not going anywhere. I'll bring you the 'H' word everyday if you wish." He offered, looking at Darcy's closed eyes.

Darcy's head is leaning on the tree while her eyes are closed, thinking of so many things. She just nodded and said, "I miss being a kid."

Masen is watching her now. Understanding how she feels, because he knows that being a kid is always easier than being an adult. Being a kid means no problem; nothing to worry about other than what toy you would ask your parents buy you the next time you'll go to the mall. Or if you would see you friends at school the next day. Childhood is everybody's favorite part of life.

So he said, "Let's be kids again."

Those words made Darcy open her eyes and look at Masen. "How?" She asked, feeling hopeful.

Masen is glad to have given Darcy hope for everlasting happiness. So he smiled and said, "Tonight. My place." Masen grinned at Darcy, "Are you up for it?"

Darcy had a war with her own brain. She wants to come but she's not sure if Masen could give her what she needs. But then she thought that, maybe this is the time for her to not over think things and just go for every opportunity given to her, because life doesn't last forever. All tomorrows will run out so she got to make the most of her todays.

"Yeah. I'm up for it. Let me just call my dad and tell him." She said as she sat up straighter while pulling her phone out as she dialed her dad's number.

Darcy ended up being allowed to go over Masen's house, without having any clue as to what they were going to do there. She brought a bag with her, consisting clothes and some of her important stuffs.

As Darcy and Masen got inside the house, Masen's mother greeted them with a hug and so she greeted her with a warm hug and a polite smile.

Masen's mother was nice, really nice to her and she never had any awkward moments with Masen's family as they ate dinner. Darcy was shy, of course, but Masen got her to tell the family something about her. Masen's parents were impressed because Darcy is a nice girl and they expected that Masen wouldn't be taking a girl home for them to meet. They talked about school and Darcy's family.

 Masen's father, Louis, ended up knowing Darcy's dad -- Harry. So they talked more about family stuffs. And as time goes by, Darcy felt comfortable with Masen's family. She thought that Masen's sister and her could get along, from the answers she heard coming from Bri.

By the time everyone finished dinner, they were talking about Masen's childhood memories. They laughed about most of it, especially Darcy, because all those stories are new to her. Just like how Masen used to hit on ladies from the cheerleading squad of his school when he was eight.

Masen was turning red as a tomato, but not because of anger, but because of extreme embarrassment. He hadn't expected this night to turn out like this, he just wanted to take Darcy to his tree house and be a kid with her again. But that didn't happen. What happened is that his family just chatted away with Darcy, and Darcy seemed happy most of the time. And if his embarrassing childhood stories would keep Darcy in her happy state, then he wouldn't mind letting his mum list it all down to Darcy.

Darcy helped his mum clean the table. She even insisted on helping with the dishes, but Masen's mum just told her to come with Masen, because Masen is just standing by the door frame, waiting for Darcy.

So then Darcy went to Masen. She walked toward Masen as she smiled back at him, letting him wrap an arm around her waist. "Thank you for tonight. I really liked meeting your family." She said as they made their way to the front door. The reason being that Darcy cannot stay out late, because her dad wouldn't let it. And Masen respected that. So Masen lead her to his car, and they made their way to Darcy's house.