1

Love.

Some define it as affection toward somebody from the opposite sex. But most define it as a strong feeling one person feel when they adore somebody.

According to the dictionary, love is a strong positive emotion of regard and affection.

To me, to me love is simple. To me, love is part of our everyday living. From the moment we open our eyes every morning, a greeting of 'good morning' from our mum and dad, to 'good night' wishes from the same people, is an example of what I call love.

But for a nineteen year old boy who struggles to catch the attention of the woman he secretly adores, what is this word called love?

--

They say that it's just a crush on someone when the affection vanishes before it would last for more than four months. But what if it lasted for more than four months? More than five months? More than a year? Or worse, more than two years? Is this the feeling people call love?

--

For three years, every morning in school, Masen Tomlinson sits on his usual spot under a shade of a big oak tree just near the entrance of their school campus. Always holding a pen and his old journal with so many important things inside. All his wonderful creations are written inside that journal, all inspired by one lady.

Masen is a college student, taking up medicine, since it was what his parents wanted him to take. As time passed by, he learned to love the course. He thinks that it’s nice to know things about how to cure people’s diseases and illnesses. To know how to save a person's life. He loved it.

He is also a big part of his school's football team. Since his father was a great footballer in his time, and still is. He learned how to play the sport from his father from when he was a child. His father would always take him to his matches and let Masen watch him play. Whenever his father isn't busy, he would teach Masen. That's where he got his undeniably great skill in football.

With his brown feathery hair, tall stature, friendly and outgoing personality and most importantly -- what catches every girl's eye -- his ocean blue eyes, almost the whole women population of his campus wants to have him as their partner and to strut around places holding Masen's hand and make every other girl jealous of them.

But here's the thing, Masen's eyes are on someone else, someone that he grew to love watching walk around with her friends and just be her simple self and not try too hard to look good on other people’s eyes.

Unfortunately, that someone is already seeing a guy. A guy who Masen know that doesn't deserve this girl. Because this said guy isn't what girls think. This guy has a bad record for dating two or more girls at once. And it breaks Masen's heart every time he sees them together. It breaks his heart because he can't do anything to save that girl from the heart break she's bound to feel. It breaks his heart because he so badly wants to be the one to be holding her hand to strut around the campus with her, looking tall and proud. All he wants is to have this someone.

This said someone is Darcy Styles. A very beautiful and radiant girl, quiet and always shying away. It seems like she's too afraid to be noticed by people. Like she just always want to sit in a corner with her book and be lost in the world of the characters in the story she's reading.

Masen liked her because of that, because she's different from all the ladies in their campus. Firstly, Darcy doesn't waste any of her time to impress others with her everyday outfit. In all honestly, Darcy could buy all the clothes she would want with just one swipe of a card, because she came from a wealthy family, just like Masen. But no, she wears black skinny jeans -- which show off her not that long, but nice legs and thigh gap, because of how the fabric hugs her whole legs -- a pink tank top, and a cream colored cardigan to cover her too exposed skin. Secondly, she doesn't waste time coloring her naturally beautiful face. Her face is sculpted in a really fine structure, which makes some girls jealous, but she pays no mind to it because she isn't the one who made herself. It was her father and mother. So she only has to put on some face powder and nothing else, since her lips are perfectly pink and plump. But most importantly, Masen liked her because Darcy doesn't throw herself at him like all those girls does. It annoys him sometimes, the unwanted attention they give him.