Act Two- Scene Three

SCENE THREE

(JEREMY runs into a bathroom. Locks the door, takes several deep breaths. Sits down on the edge of the tub. A MONSTER HAND reaches up to grab him. JEREMY screams. The hand pulls itself up, revealing...)

MICHAEL

Sup.

"So suave~" Christine mocks. Michael gives her a weird look. "Oh, I didn't think you could be mean!"

JEREMY

Michael? I didn't know you were invited to this party.

MICHAEL

I wasn't. Which is why I'm wearing...this clever disguise!

(JEREMY just stares at him.)

You're speechless. Squip got your tongue?

JEREMY

It's...off.

MICHAEL

That would explain why you're talking to me. (Beat.) I've been thinking about this moment. What I would say to you? I had this really pissed off monologue, an epic journey through twelve years of friendship... (off JEREMY) What?

"I can only imagine how you feel," Christine says sympathetically, giving Michael a little pat on his knee.

JEREMY

It's really good to see you, man.

MICHAEL

It won't be. Once you hear what I found out.

JEREMY

Found out?

MICHAEL

About...

(He taps his head. JEREMY realizes what he means.)

JEREMY

How? There's nothing on the internet—

MICHAEL

Which is weird, right? I mean, what's not on the internet? So I starting asking around. Finally, this guy I play Warcraft with... Told me how his brother went from a straight D student to a freshman at Harvard. You know where he is now?

"Did that kid happen to go to a theater camp?" Christine asks, looking to Michael. He looks confused. "Uh, yeah? Why are you asking?" he responds.

Christine's eyes go wide. "I knew him; he went to theater camp with me!" she says, looking surprised. "He was a senior at the time I was a sophmore..."

JEREMY

Really happy and successful?

MICHAEL

He's in a mental hospital. Totally lost it.

Christine looks sadly at Jenna, nodding as if to confirm all of the information that Michael on screen was saying.

JEREMY

I don't see what that has to do with...

MICHAEL

Think, man! We're talking an insanely powerful super-computer. You really think its primary function is to get you laid? Who made them? How did they end up in a high school? In New Jersey? Of all possible applications for such a mind-blowingly advanced technology, you ever wonder what it's doing inside YOU?