Act Two- Scene Eight

Okay, this is the second to last scene-- THE PLAY!!! I am so thankful for 1k reads!! Anyways, I am working hard prepping for the sequel to this book, in which the cast reacts to the revival!! My process now is copying the script I have, formatting it, then changing it accordingly to the revival. I have to be frank with y'all: I have a reliable video boot of the revival that I'm using for it.... But, I mean, it's gonna get done!! I already have scenes one and two from the first act done. I'm gonna work on an act each night...

Now, the hectic time of year is coming up. I'm in highschool, which means midterms are coming up. I may not be able to publish as much due to my crazy schedule. I also have afterschool clubs and commitments, so I may not be able to publish every night in the upcoming weeks leading up to Winter Break. Once Winter Break hits, I'm gonna get back on a regular posting schedule.

I'm a freshman, so this is the first round of midterms that will affect my transcript, and I really want to get into a good college and get scholarships. This means that school is a big priority, especially at the end of the first quarter.

But this isn't something I want to get into, so I'm gonna go ahead and start the chapter... Enjoy, y'all!!

~BiCeratops <3

|♪•×•♪|

SCENE EIGHT

(The night of the play. CHRISTINE addresses the audience in a pre-curtain speech.)

CHRISTINE

Welcome, everyone. Thank you so much for coming to our production of "A Midsummer Nightmare About Zombies". It's been a rough week for us at Middleborough. That's why this play is so important – to bring this school together! To share with you something special! I know that if Rich were here, instead of the intensive care unit at Beth Israel, he'd say: "Go out  there and show everyone the relevant power of live theatre!"

"I can athure you that I would not thay that," Rich clarifies, chuckling.

MR. REYES (offstage)

(coughs) Costumes.

"Subtle," Michael scoffs.

CHRISTINE

Oh... And thanks to Hobby Lobby for the costumes.

(Backstage at the play. Everyone getting in and out of costumes.)

CHRISTINE

Places, everyone! Break a leg!

(JAKE DILLINGER, on crutches with both legs in casts, glares at her.)

JAKE

Not cool.

Christine snorts, not remembering that ever happened. Jake rolls his eyes.

(He shuffles off as JEREMY enters.)

JEREMY

Christine!

CHRISTINE

Jeremy! Where have you been? It's so bad. Mr. Reyes made himself your understudy.

JEREMY

Isn't he understudying Rich?

CHRISTINE

He's both.

JEREMY

Oh god. Look, I've been thinking about what you said at the party—