City of Light

City of Light

{ fantasy, romance, teen fiction }

By : PrincessInJeans

Juliet Nathalia Luna is in Paris for a ballet competition she did not really want to join. Buong buhay niya, inaalay niya para matupad ang pangarap na hindi natupad ng dating ballet dancer niyang ina. Ginagawa niya iyon to the point that she was not really living her life, she was living her mother's would-have-been life. And doing so, she is sacrificing her own happiness.

Adrien Matthew Dumont has spent the last years backpacking all over Europe. His last stop, and his most painful one, is Paris. Backpacking had been his life for the past two years and now that he is nearing the end of his journey, he felt lost. With no more places to travel to and no more plans, he also has no home to go back to and no outlook for the future.

An accident in Paris tied their fates.

In the City of Light, two wounded souls trying to find hope and happiness in their life meet.

No—-seriously. They are souls, literally souls.

In the City of Light, they experience something they never thought was possible.

What if finding your greatest love is something you're meant to forget?

When you're hanging on a thin thread between an unhappy life and an easy death, what will you do? If the choice is in your hands, will you choose to live or will you choose to leave?

* * *

[EXCERPT]

"Juliet! Anak!" Naramdaman at narinig ko si Mommy bago ko siya makita. Yakap yakap niya ko at umiiyak siya. Gusto ko siyang patahanin at yakapin pabalik pero mabigat yung buong katawan ko. Kaunting galaw ko lang, nanghihina na ko.

"M-mo... mommy."

"You're awake. You're safe! Thank God!"

Tumingin ako sa paligid. Tama si Mommy. Nagising na ko, buhay ako, okay na ko. Pero bakit ganon? Sobrang lungkot ng pakiramdam ko? Parang may kulang. Parang may hinahanap ako. Pero hindi ko alam kung ano. Basta sobrang lungkot yung nararamdaman ko.

Para akong nagising mula sa isang magandang panaginip.

"A-ano pong nangyari?"

"You don't remember? Nabangga yung sinasakyan mong bus. Papunta ka daw noon sa Eiffel Tower pagkatapos may nakabanggang isa pang bus yung sinasakyan mo. Isa ka sa mga kaunting survivors."

Bus? Oo, may bus. Sumakay ako sa bus. Tapos yung mayabang na lalaki... 'yung mukhang foreigner pero nagtatagalog... umupo siya sa tabi ko.