Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Lance's Pov

I was walking down the streets, luckily not being recognized or else I'd have a ton of fans surrounding me, heading to my local Starbucks for my daily coffee and luckily nobody but me knows about it or I wouldn't have any time to myself. I walked through the door into the busy coffee shop that was bustling with people, since it was early morning and there was this cute barista with a mullet that caught my attention. He didn't seem to enjoy his job but he was cute. I waited in the long line until I finally got to the front. I hadn't seen the barista before but he must know me because everyone watched Tales of the bitten. Currently the only reason I wasn't being mobbed is the fact that I had Sunglasses and a scarf that covered most of my lower face on. So I turned on my signature Lancey-lance charm and said "Hi, the name's Lance." But I was confused when he didn't swoon and just said "Hello sir what would you like to order." Then I knew my charm must not be working so I cranked it up and said "Hello, I'm a thief, and I'm here to steal your heart." Then he barely even blinked and just said "Sir can you stop flirting with me and just order." The barista looked the exact opposite of infatuated instead he looked irritated. So I made finger guns and started to flirt but then he slammed my hand on the counter and said "Sir, can you please just order." He removed his hands and I said "Okay, I'd like a vanilla bean creme frappuccino." He said "Will that be it sir." I said "Yep." He wrote my name on the cup and I went over to counter and waited for my drink. Once I got my drink I sat down at the table but the one thing I couldn't get out of my head was that barista with a mullet.

Keith's Pov

I went on with my shift as the day passed. Saying hi and what do you want to order that they all passed in a blur. Except for that one customer that flirted with me and immediately expected me to swoon over him. I mean he was handsome but still most people wouldn't keep flirting with a person to the point of irritation. I think he looked familiar but I just shook off that feeling and gathered up my stuff in the back as I was getting ready to head out and my manager, Varkon, came over to me and said "Why did you slam a customer's fingers against the counter?" He seemed irritated and I didn't exactly mind considering that that guy was always a jerk. I sighed "Well the customer was unnecessarily flirting with me and he was holding up the line so I suspect he would've kept flirting with me and holding up the line if I didn't do something to stop him." Varkon looked mad and he said "Well then just pretend to swoon over him instead of smashing his fingers in. You're lucky he bought something or you'd be fired. I'll let you off with a warning this time." Varkon sighed as he walked off to his office and I continued packing up my backpack. Once I was done packing my backpack with all my stuff I headed out to the parking lot and hopped onto my bright red bike. I prefer to call it red. Anyway I put on my helmet, I said I'd be okay without it but Shiro insisted I wear it, and started on my way back to my apartment. The couple blocks between me and my apartment are always familiar with the busy streets and the occasional graffiti with that one light pole that has a missing sign for a cat named fluffles. I got to my red brick apartment building as some lady in front of me is scrambling to find her keys. I looked on the ground in front of me and saw her keys lying there so I took them off the ground and gave her the keys. She said "Thank you young man." Before heading into the building and catching the elevator up to the 7th floor where my apartment was located. I got out my keys as I got to apartment 64 and unlocked my apartment before shutting the door. I was hanging up my coat when I heard the noise of lasers coming from the other room. I recognized it as my roommate, Pidge, playing video games in the living room. I went into the living room and saw Pidge in an intense battle with aliens, well computer aliens, so being the nice person I am I snuck up behind her and said "Boo!" Unfortunately that backfired on me as she didn't lose focus but instead she took one hand off her controller and punched me in the stomach before going back to her game without losing focus. Her punch to the stomach ended with me splayed on the floor. She paused her game before saying "How was your shift?" I laughed and said "You should've asked me that before punching me in the stomach." She said "But that wouldn't be as fun." I laughed and said "Well if you want to know there was this weird customer that attempted to flirt with me." She said "Was he attractive?" I laughed and said "Don't you like girls?" She said "Yeah but can't a girl be curious about her friend's love life." I said "Well yeah he was attractive but I shut him down real quick." Pidge sighed "What did you do this time." I knew Pidge had always been fed up with me pushing any potential love interest away. But I've always done that and I'm not changing anytime soon. So I said "I slammed his fingers against the counter." Pidge asked "Why?" I said "He was very annoying and holding up the line." I paused and then I said "Well let's change the subject. Have there been any updates about Tales of the Bitten?" She sighed and was probably fed up with my antics. Then something came to her mind and she said "Keith, guess what I found today?" Pidge looked ready to burst and I said "What?" She said "They're holding auditions to be on the show!" It took me a moment to process the news. But I said "Are you serious!" She said "Yes!" Then she went into the kitchen and grabbed a flyer and handed it to me the flier said "Actors wanted for Tales of the Bitten." Then an address, email, and phone number were on the bottom. Now you may not know what Tales of the Bitten is but it's one of my favorite TV shows and it's this action vampire tv show that I love and season 2 is going to be premiering soon and It's been a dream of mine to act on it. Then Pidge said "You should try out." I said "No there's probably way better people trying out and I'm a terrible actor." She said "No you're one of the best actors I know plus you're brother is Shiro." My brother is Shiro and he's a famous actor that has been in plenty of tv shows and movies that I can't keep track anymore. But I took a moment to consider it and I said "Okay I'll do it." After the both of us played a couple more levels of Alien invaders. I went over to the phone and called the number on the flier.