Thirty-four

There'll be several P.O.V so please pay attention.

(Thrid-person P.O.V)

"Have you gone mad?" The young lab assistant asks in German but nobody pays attention, basically because nobody understands him, of course. The Commander of the group, a tall dark-haired guy with shining grey eyes, grabs the doctor's suit by the lapel and yells furiously.

"That thing... works?" The silver-haired man nods scared. "How?" Oh, he's asking about the procedure...

"Adrenaline!" The doctor answers while the soldier girl opens the valise and looks baffled at the different containers. "The blue syringe." The young girl takes it without wasting time while her superior officer is cutting the Velcro strips that secure the bulletproof vest to the body of the brave girl who saved the assistant. "Hurry up, here isn't much time..."

"Hold her!" The brunette yells when she realizes that her comrade is convulsing on the floor. The Commander and the lame soldier grab her arms and legs firmly while the strongest soldier is aiming his gun at her comrade's head, ready to shoot while a tear runs down his cheek, and the brunette tugs at the wounded girl's shirt. Buttons fly everywhere while she presses her fingers looking for a special spot between her ribs, near her sternum. She takes the syringe cap off holding it with her teeth and stabs her chest without hesitation, going as deep as she can, pushing down on the plunger till all the blue liquid vanishes. She removes the syringe and everybody remains paralyzed, looking at the soldier lying at their feet on the helicopter floor. She's not convulsing anymore but breathing heavily. A minute ticks by...

"Keep pointing that gun at her head, Adrian," the group leader orders.

"Yes but... she was supposed to change one minute later, wasn't she? I mean, that blue thing seems to have worked..."

"We can't know for sure, keep pointing at her just in case." The doctor shakes his head when hearing them, they have little faith in his antidote apparently but he knows it works. The brunette soldier seems to have some medical training so he better speaks to her.

"Intravenous!" He yells to be heard over the noise of the blades and the soldier nods before rummaging in the first aid kit and taking an IV bag. "Fever... it won't last..." The lame soldier grazes the wounded girl's forehead with the back of his fingers.

"She's burning with fever!" He screams scared but the doctor nods reassuringly. That's normal, her body is fighting against the virus but she'll win eventually, in the meantime she needs to be hydrated. Handling the bag with experienced hands despite the helicopter buffeting, the brunette manages to put the IV in her good arm and holds the bag while brushing away some locks of hair her comrade has stuck to her forehead.

"Gabriel, it's been at least five minutes..." the guy with the gun shrugs.

"I know, but... it doesn't matter, move away..." He takes his own gun and points at the girl who's still lying on the floor. Minutes tick by... "You forget something, don't you Nat?"

The girl who's holding the IV bag takes a remote control from her pocket and presses the button. They all hear a rumbling behind them and a pillar of fire and smoke raises high in the sky. The Commander stares at her with squinty eyes.

"What? I like it when it's noisy..." she answers shrugging.

"Have you told Kat that?" the Commander asks and they all laugh their asses off while she blushes.

"I wouldn't laugh if I were you... you have to explain this to Ruby," she points at the wounded soldier with her chin.

"Shit..."