Chapter Eight

“Zayn, you have to tell Amelia. She should know.”

“Stop telling me what I need to do, Harry!” Zayn shouted but I didn’t take it personally. I knew he was shocked and didn’t want to realize it yet. “It annoys me, okay?! Leave me alone now!”

“If you need anything... I’m at McDonald’s with Louis.” I went out of his room and into Louis and mine. “Come, we’re going to eat something.”

“Where?” He asked and already put on his TOMs.

“McDonald’s.” I smiled and he nodded. “What was that? Why did Zayn yell at you?” He asked and intertwined. With his other hand he rubbed my upper arm. 

“Because I told him to tell Amelia. But it’s okay, I guess I would be like the same... I can’t believe he... he’s having...” I couldn’t even say it out loud. I always knew smoking wasn’t good for Zayn but he was still so young... Why now? He was only nineteen and had the best time of his life – he was getting a baby, he was married and he was living his dream with his four best friends...

“Don’t cry.” Louis sighed and wiped away the tears. “You know, I don’t like you to cry.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just...” I took a deep breath and stopped in my movement. I let my hands hang down and took another deep breath. Then I opened my eyes and grabbed Louis’ hand again to entwine your fingers. “Okay, let’s just eat and don’t think about it anymore.”

“Think about our song. You said it makes you forget everything.”

“Good idea.” I smiled at him and pecked his cheek. The melody of Plain flooded my head and suddenly I felt better and a lot more carefree. “Better?” Louis asked close to my ear and a shiver ran down my spine.

I wrapped my arm around his waist and smiled down at him. “A lot. Now, let’s get some food.”

“Did I hear food?” Niall’s head popped out of the living room and I heard Liam laugh. “Niall, let them spend some time together. They hardly had any time together the past few days.

Niall sighed and went back into the living room.

Louis and I went down to our car and drove off to McDonald’s.

“Drive through or should we go inside?” I asked.

“Drive through, all the way.” Louis chuckled and I joined his laughter. It’s not like we wouldn’t like the fans – we really loved them, we wouldn’t be here without them – but not today. We needed our space. It was half past one and in one and a half hour we would take off. Zayn had gotten his results and still was mad at everyone and everybody. I could understand, though... Or at least I tried to.

Of course I didn’t know how he felt like. I had no idea, to be honest! All I knew was that I wanted to be there for him because I knew he needed us. But when I left I realized he would need some time on his own. And of course I would respect this.

After about twenty minutes we were home again and passed a cheeseburger at Niall who cheered happily.

“At least Larry is nice.” He said and poked his tongue out at his husband who just rolled his eyes at our blonde leprechaun. His phone rang and with a smile he got up. “Hey there! ... Of course I want to!” It was quiet for a few seconds and Liam’s smile grew. “Hey, Amber! Daddy misses you! How are you, baby?”

Niall put down the cheeseburger and I went to mine and Louis’ room, followed by Lou.

We had just unwrapped all the stuff as someone knocked on the door. “Harry... I’m sorry.” Zayn said from behind the door.