Chapter Seven

“Are you ready?” I asked and smiled at everyone.

They smiled back at me and Niall gave me a ‘thumbs-up’. “Okay, what song tonight?” Zayn asked and sat down on the couch next to Liam.

“Tell Me A Lie.” Liam said and flipped the page of his book without looking up at Zayn.

“Tell Me A Lie today, tomorrow What Makes You Beautiful and then in Virginia we’ll sing One Thing, right?” Zayn asked around and I nodded.

We were on tour through America for our second album Mesmerized and we thought the fans would like it if we sang one song from Up All Night every day but another song every time. “The first song is ‘Mesmerized’, right?” Niall asked.

We nodded and I got up from my seat. I went towards the huge curtains and dared to look behind. There were already a couple of people. They were chatting, eating, drinking and fangirling.

“How much have we got?” I asked without looking back at the boys. “There aren’t that much people.”

“In three minutes we’ve a last sound check and in about half an hour we start.”

“What are we gonna sing for the sound check?”

“Err, I think Plain.” Louis answered and I turned around to smile at him. Plain was our favourite song of the album but I have no idea why. Neither I nor Louis had anything to do with the song, it was written by Niall and it didn’t describe our relationship in any way.

It was a song about a boy whose best friend was a girl. He really liked her but she didn’t even see and finally he managed to tell her but she said “that’s nice”. She didn’t even care about the boys’ feelings. He realized she didn’t deserve him and so he went on. It’s a bit like the meaning behind Taken but it’s the story before he found someone else.

“Guys, you have to go out now.” A female voice said. I looked around but I only could see her red hair, her back and her long legs because she was already walking away. “Let’s do this poo.” Liam said and I burst out laughing.

I grabbed a water bottle and drunk a bit before I followed Liam, Niall and Zayn. Louis had been waiting for me. Aww, isn’t he cute?

I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers before we went out. The lights were flashing our faces but I knew already what it was like. Within seconds I felt great. This was one of the moments where I could hardly believe this was all real.

Four years ago I had been in school, singing with my friends for the school band. They were telling me I had an amazing voice and convinced me to join The X Factor although they knew about my plans to become a lawyer. I thought it can’t be too bad and so I auditioned.

I never thought I would make it that far. Now, here I stood on a stage in the US, waiting for our fans. Some of them were ready to pay more than thousand dollar to see a behind the stage, to spend some time with us.

But we were only some normal guys! Why did people always think we were so special? I’m sure there are people outside with voices better than ours and less fame. I knew they were thinking we were totally handsome and sexy. But there were people out there looking better than us and still with less fame.

I couldn’t imagine going to school now. To live like a normal nineteen years old guy. But still it was so overwhelming to see this. There were millions of girls who would do anything to get a photo with us or our signature.

“Ready?” Louis whispered towards me and I nodded and smiled. I was so ready.

The first tunes of Plain started and soon Liam started. Although the people had said Liam would start a lot of songs in Up All Night he was still the best choice to start this song.