Prologue - Flitter arrives on Folicia

Books in the Folician series

Dog Got Your Tongue – Folician Chronicles 1

Homecoming – Folician Chronicles 2

The Temple – Folician Chronicles 3

We have to keep moving forward – Folician Chronicles 4

The Goddess and the Pack Lord – Folician Chronicles 5

The Past is the Future – Folician Chronicles 6

Dawn of Hope – Folician Chronicles 7

A Folician Christmas

We come in peace - Folician Chronicles 8

We're back - Folician Chronicles 9

The Terran Enclave – Klithian Chronicles 1

A New Balance – Life and Death – Klithian Chronicles 2 

~~~ Flitter arrives on Folicia

Currently Flitter was sitting in one of the temple meditation rooms. Her mentor, Temple Mother Thyra, had told her to meditate on all which had happened since she had left the ship. As she slowly settled into a deep meditative state, memories started to come back to her. The trip back to Folicia from the Tail Chaser had been miserable.

When Ray had been returned to the surface she'd almost been emotionally destroyed. Both Aqua and Daisy had taken her back to the Captain's cabin since she couldn't go back to Ray's room. His scent would be all over the room and there were so many memories they'd created there. There would be residual emotions as well which she would sense until the room had been cleansed. She didn't even bother paying attention to where they were going until they reached the Captain's cabin.

Gentle was there and as soon as Flitter had come in she had hurried over. She'd wrapped her arms around the smaller woman and held her. Flitter had finally broken down and cried heartbrokenly on Gentle's chest. The rest of the evening and next morning had been lost in misery. In a way, Flitter couldn't believe just how much Ray had come to mean to her in such a short time. Every time she touched the mating necklace she would get a sense of him. It was about the only thing which had kept her sane and not going to the Goddess.

The trip to Folicia was much the same since she had pretty much spent all of her time meditating. It was about the only way she managed not to scream her loss out. She'd never felt this way before with any of her clients. The transport had two senior Liraque aboard specifically for her which had bothered her. How did the Temple know they would need to send them? Vyra hadn't mentioned requesting them and neither had Aqua or Daisy. Even with their assistance she remained in a deep depression.

Flitter had loved each Liraqua she had as clients but this was her mate. She had been a Liraque for so many years and Flitter had discovered what she really wanted now was to retire. To be with the one she loved and would willingly leave being a Liraque for. Not being able to do it hurt more than she could have imagined. The only thing which was keeping her going was the need to go to the Temple and call to her Goddess. Then, and only then, could she decide what to do next in her life.

She had been trained so many years ago what to do while in this state. She was an observer and not a participant. The memories would come, as her mind as the Goddess dictated. The next series of memories was when she had arrived on Folicia.

The Temple Mother's assistant was waiting for her as she exited the ship. She had known Melody for a long time since she had been Thyra's assistant for many years.