Chapter 6 - Heading to the ship

~~~ Going to the ship

When they came back from the funeral there was only a month before the ship would be back to pick up the next human. They were to pick up Ray and his family also. The following three weeks had been busy and hard to deal with. He had to make arrangements for the ranch house and the animals. Ray also turned in his thirty day notice to return this house to the rental agency. He also found a secure storage unit and paid to have all of their stuff placed there. Eventually he would probably have most of the stuff given to charity. It would all depend if they decided to remain on Folicia.

Between the ranch and becoming guardian for his siblings, there were a large number of legal forms which had to be taken care of. He managed to get copies of all their school records and medical records as well as settle his parents estate. Ray had been forced to fly back several times to find a management firm for the ranch. He gave their accountant power of attorney to pay off the farm from the life insurance and any other bills they had. The rest of the money would be placed in an escrow account until further notice. By the time everything was done, there were only a few days left and Ray was feeling like he had been run ragged.

At the clinic, everyone knew Ray was quitting and moving on. He hadn't been specific as where he was going or what he was going to be doing. When asked, he told them it was personal and they wanted to get away to grieve. It was enough of an excuse to keep from having to answer more questions. As far as any mail, it was going to be forwarded to the Liraque and Assoc. for handling. Ray had discovered the Folician's were going to keep several of their people on earth to manage their interests.

Since the four of them would be leaving soon, they decided to have a going-away party. It had been both sad and pleasant since everyone from work, as well as Barth, was there. Since they couldn't take the family dog with, Barth was tickled pink when he was asked to take care of her also. Flitter gave him a good hug and told him, she had thought of him when they had decided to leave. She wanted him specifically to watch the girl.

Ray had informed Simon he had talked to Vyra and if he was serious, one of these days someone would contact him. There would be a few tests to ensure he was both fertile and healthy enough to deal with the exercise. Simon had snickered and made a few jokes but was pleased since he really liked Flitter.

Eventually the morning they were leaving arrived. Ray was looking around the now empty rental and sighed. He had liked the place and was going to miss it and the people he worked with, "Well I think we have everything we need packed and ready. I would ask if you two were ready, but I have a feeling you are of mixed emotions as well." It was directed at his siblings.

Xavier grinned at Ray, "Oh I don't know. I get a computer in my brain, an overly snug ship suit, and get to live on a planet full of women." When Flitter and Misty rolled their eyes at him, he simply snickered.

Ray frowned at him, "I see where your priorities are and remember until you are eighteen you can date – but no fun stuff." They had briefly talked about the rule and why. Ray traded smirks with Xavier, "I do have to admit, it is an interesting idea. Can you say 'serious competition' to see who gets to cuddle with you next?" He was smacked by Flitter for his comment.

"No adding to your harem of women Ray. I think we will keep you busy enough and you won't have time to seduce anyone else." She smirked at him.

Misty glanced at him and frowned, "So how many women did you get pregnant?" She just had to toss in her two cents just to make Ray blush, which he did.

Right about then, Simon walked in, "Morning, Ray. I'm here to collect the bags and camping gear you used. Looking forward to seeing everyone again? At least this time, they asked if you wanted to go." Simon grinned when he said it.