EDITED VERSION Chapter 1 (It Begins)

The prequel for this story is the Brand is popular. I'd suggest reading it. It'll make everything make a lot more sense.

This story is in the process or being edited so if a chapter doesn't say edited before it then it's from the old version of the story (though the plot is pretty much the same the newer version will be much longer and better and have more plot) sorry it I confuse anyone. I'll also be writing parts that come before this chapter so untill I've done more editing I'll Label those as negative chapters to indicate they come before this one. Once again sorry for confusion.

Author note: the first chapter sucks keep reading past it please, I promise it gets better. Anycow please comment and vote. Love yall. Ayy, im going to try to dedicate chapter to anyone who votes coments or adds this story to their reading list, so if I dedicate a chapter to you and you no like tell me somehow and ill try to notice and remove the dedication.

"What is death?" Mrs. Sips, the high school English teacher asks. Silently I raise my hand because for once I know the answer.

"Death, Is the end of life," Luke, a popular boy, shouts making my heart race. I miss him.

"Maybe, but what is death to Kat in the deathly dreams?" Mrs. Sips asks.

The deathly dreams is a book written by an author who has never been announced. So far the book was just Kat, a sad girl who lost her best friend and brother in an unnamed accident, talking about death. Death to her isn't the end of life, it's something quite different.

I keep my hand raised until Mrs. Sips calls on me.

"To Kat, death is freedom from the horror that is life," I announce smirking. I look around at my fellow students and spot Luke glaring at me. Great.

That makes the smirk fall right off my face, Luke never liked it when I drew attention to myself. I better avoid walking alone, or else he'll harass me. Ever since I had told him that I was in love with him he had been making my life a living hell. Well he never did anything more than some name calling and threatening, I still couldn't help being nervous around him. Who knew when I'd say something that pushed him over the edge. We weren't friends anymore, so there's no saying what he could do. I miss the days when we were friends.

"You can work on the assignment during class," she finishes. Wait, shit, what assignment? There is a loud clank as a chair slams into my desk, and I can't help it when I jump.

"Oops, sorry," My best friend Emvy whispers. Emvy was my only friend since word had gotten out that I was gay.

"So, umm, what's the assignment?" I try to ask casually, but Emvy has to make a big spectacle of it.

Glaring, I watch her step up on the desk and prepare to be noticed. The thing about Emvy is that she is majorly popular, so when she is around me people try to ignore it, but that made her upset. Which then led to, well this.

"Oh my, Brandon wasn't listening!" She shouts pointing at me, for a moment she tries to jump up and down on the desk, but she soon scratches it off as a bad idea and stops.

"Brandon, my favorite twink, doesn't know that we are supposed to work in partners, and write a paper on what we think Kat's bestfriend and brothers relationship were. The gay boy, also doesn't know that we are supposed to show how they influenced Kat's opinions!" She continues shouting. The whole class burst into laughter and I spot Luke smiling. He is gorgeous! Mmm how I would love to run my hands through his hair, and down those fabulous abs, and all the way down his pants to his-. My thoughts are cut off when the two of them break out in laughter and everyone joins in. I keep my mouth shut, even though it's funny: Em had made her classic joke of calling Luke Lucifer. Once the laughter dies away Emvy flashes one of her beautiful smiles at Luke to make sure he understands she was joking. Luke smiles back to tell her he understands before turning back to his partner.