Chapter 3

Taylers POV
Ben was one of the best guys I'd ever worked with. He is the one who got me this role on dirt. He always found the best people to cast for parts. He never had the final say which sucked but normally the people he picked were so talented that they almost had to give the role to them. He came in so excited this morning "Tayler, I found someone so perfect to play the role of Jaycee." Jaycee was gonna be my love interest for season 3. Ben nearly sprinted to the desk pulled out his laptop and played a video of her acting and then singing. My jaw dropped. "She's perfect isn't she?" He asked me. "Are you kidding!? She's got to get this part. What has she played in?" He kind of laughed and said , "Well she actually has never played in anything and she's not even from California so that's what really worries me." I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't telling me something. "Ben what aren't you saying?" He blurted out that Sara was also auditioning for this part. Anger suddenly rushed through my body. Sara was my psycho ex girlfriend whose uncle had all the final calls in this series. "But what about Katie? She's so much better than Sara! That's not fair." Ben then promised me that even if we couldn't get her that role that he would hire her himself until we can find her a different role. Sara had only been in a couple commercials. She only got those because of her uncle. Sara was so entitled I can't believe I dated her for nearly a year and now she won't leave me alone. "She can't even act there's no way they would let her be in the show will they Ben?" He shrugged his shoulders "you know how she is tayler. Let's just hope Katie kills it." The way the part is written this character could sing. Sara could sing but not like katie. That video gave me chills. "When does katie audition?" Ben told me she would be here by 5. It was 1:30 now. Ben told me to get going because Sara would be here to audition any minute now. "Gladly." I said and with that I walked out. I was almost to my car when Sara pulled up. "Hey cutie. Fancy seeing you here. When I get this part you'll even have to kiss me again. I know you've missed it." she smirked. I made a gagging noise and got in my car. I literally can't stand her. I drove to the mall to hang out until after Katie's audition. I wanted to meet her and maybe show her around. I know how scary it can be coming out her and not knowing anyone.