Chapter 3: Gold and Goblins

Harry appeared in front of a tall, white marble building in a bustling street full of people wearing robes. They were going about their business like usual, seemingly unaware of the boy who just appeared out of thin air and the power he wielded. Unknown to the boy, the mind gem was shielding him from the eyes of the other people on the street. Harry walked towards the bank, giving a short nod of acknowledgement to the goblin guards and went in.

'How cute' Harry thought as he read the warning written above the entrance. He was certain the goblins would do worse things to people who tried to steal from them. He walked past the desks on which goblins counted and weighed gold, jewels and other precious metals and reached a tellers desk with a goblin sitting on it. He cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Excuse me." The goblin looked up at Harry. "I would like to access my vault and possibly talk to my Account manager. Also there is something else that I'll need."

The goblin looked suspiciously at him. "Name and Key?" he asked.

Harry said "I don't have a key. It was never given to me. As for my name, I'm Harry Potter."

The goblin looked up in surprise before his face changed into a serious look. Quickly making his down he said in a polite tone "Forgive me. I did not know that I was speaking to you, Lord Potter. If you would please follow me."

Harry replied in a polite tone "Its okay. You don't have to apologize. What's your name by the way?"

The goblin looked shocked that a wizard would ask his name. Normally they would look down on goblins because they were not Human but this child treated him like an equal. Smiling, he replied "My name is Griphook, Sir."

Harry said "Nice to meet you, Griphook."

They continued in silence. Griphook led Harry down a hallway till they came to a large metal door with the name "Grindbone" on it. Griphook knocked twice before a voice yelled from the inside "Enter!"

They both went inside where an elder looking goblin was sitting on a wooden desk. Hary took a seat across the goblin who he figured was Grindbone. Once Harry was seated, he spoke up.

"Welcome, . Griphook told me you wished to speak to me about your vaults and accounts."

Harry nodded. "That is true. I'm here to see what my parents left me and what the status of my properties are. Also how much money I have."

At this, the goblin showed curiosity as he asked "But that was all in the bank statements that were sent to you via owl. We sent them to you every month."

At this, Harry's face darkens. "I have never gotten any letters since I went to the Dursleys."

At this Grindbones face turns to rage and he starts swearing in the goblin tongue. Harry was surprised by this. Once he calmed down, Harry asked "I assume I was not supposed to be there?"

Grindbone nodded. "Yes. The Potter will clearly states that you were never to be sent or placed with those filthy beasts. Unfortunately the will was sealed by the Wizengamot and the Chief Warlock, Albus Dumbledore."

That Name again. That old bastard seemed intent on making Harry as miserable as possible. He also seemed to have his hands in everything. Putting those thoughts aside, he focused on the matter at hand. "Is there a way that I can see what my parents left behind?" he asked.

Grindbone nodded with a small smile on his face. "There is. It's called a blood- inheritance test" He brought out a basin from a drawer in his desk and put it on the table in front of Harry. "Just place seven drops of blood in this bowl."

He handed Harry a silver ceremonial looking knife, which he took and pricked his finger with it. He squeezed his finger till seven drops fell into the basin. The strange thing however was that the first six drops were all in different colors. Purple, blue, red, green, orange, yellow . The final drop was a normal blood-red color. The goblins stared in confusion. They had never seen something like that before. Shaking his head, Grindbone poured the contents of the bowl on a piece of parchment. The liquid moved across the parchment, till words appeared on the page.