9| Rescue

Emma

Blank just blank that's the first thing happened after Elliot left. I just couldn't process... that 15 mins with him have shattered my life and I know it. I just couldn't face Mr George for the first time in my job. There was elongated silence that I don't know how long it lasts until Mr George cleared his throat.

He nervously chuckles "That was quite a.." there was pregnant pause "encounter!"

"Yeah" I said absentmindedly.

I was on some another planet. Why did he choose me after my nuisance speech? Why did he record it? Why didn't he fire me? What I was feeling like that around him? Phone number?
Working with him for a contract? Not getting any job anywhere if I refuse him? Why did he enter in my life? My life is always so messed up.

But when I think from other side of the story, he has done nothing. So why do I feel about him like that? The way he was acting with me. What the fucking hell is happening? I can't think properly, maybe some sleep and food could make my brain think logically by tomorrow.

"Sir, can I leave? I have already finished my work I send you all my files."

"Sure. I think you have to clear your mind."

"Thank you, sir, and also sorry for today" I feel guilty for him. What if Elliot had fired me, Mr George has to report this to his head and what would be his image in front of his head. I really feel embarrassed about myself.

He massaged his temple and said "Don't make the same mistake again. You were lucky he didn't said to me to fire you. Or else I didn't have any option to do it and lose one ofmy hard-working employee."

I can't any say anything because I can't imagine myself loosing a job and let myself down after my past has kicked my ass.

I nodded and left his office.

I started packing my things, I noticed that the office was empty, hardly any people were there. I sighed and started placing remaining files in my drawer when someone set a cold coffee on my desk. I looked up and Nick was there.

Without any second thoughts, I wrap my arms around his torso. He was surprised but eventually hugged me. He rests his head on my shoulder. I shut my eyes to remove all bad thoughts.

It is my habit when something terrifying or worse scenario happens I just want someone to hug me- reassure me that it's okay everything everything will be fine.

"Hey, what happened did something went wrong?" his voice carries concern.

I shook my head, just want to have a moment to contemplate that I this close losing my job.

"I thought you liked cold coffee. It's not a big deal, you can tell me which coffee you like and I will bring it to you."

I giggle "It's not about the coffee. I thought I was going to lose my job because of my big mouth."

I let go of him and looked at his face.

"Well, no shit about that. When you were saying about Elliot, the way you were elaborating him was the best" he laughed.

"You are not helping" I look down and was more ashamed of myself. I didn't handle it professionally instead I just become irrational. People were finding it funny whereas I was afraid of what if he has fired me.