t h i r t y - s e v e n

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Startled by a sound of a loud thud coming from the front door, Sungjae quickly exited his room only to find his brother, Hyunjae, was rushing towards the flight of stairs.

Without having the chance to ask him, Sungjae glanced over at the window where he could see the view of the outside part of their house and he noticed something odd.

And it was about his brother's car so without thinking, he quickly went out to where the car was parked and was shocked to see that the front part of the car was filled with visible dents.

And the most obvious one was that the front mirror was shattered.

In a quick moment, the front door opened widely before Hyunjae walked out of the house and went straight towards his car with Sungjae couldn't dart his eyes away from his brother.

"What happened to the car?" Sungjae immediately asked in a rather calm yet stern way.

But Hyunjae remained quite as he went to the back seat and looked like he's searching for something.

"Brother, what happened to your car!? Did you hit someone!?" Running out of patience, Sungjae raised his sternness and his voice.

Sungjae's breath silently hitched as Hyunjae turned around facing him but he was holding a machete in his grip.

"You stay out of this. I'm bringing her back home" Hyunjae's whisper was as cold as ice.

As Hyunjae was about to get into the car, Sungjae grabbed onto his collar harshly as reflected on his face was nothing but anger and disbelief.

"Snap out of it brother! She has nothing to do with you. She's gone and you need to move on!" Releasing his pent down anger only made Hyunjae pissed before he threw a punch across his brother's face.

The punch tumbled his brother down to the pebble filled floor with his lips bleed.

"You have no right to say that she's gone! I lost her once! And now she's back and I'm getting her back! Try anything funny and I'll kill you!"

Hyunjae without even looking back at his brother, got into the car and drove away.

And just like that, minutes by minutes passed by since Hyunjae left their house and his brother just remained seated at the floor while his mind was stranded away by the thoughts of his brother's worsened condition.

And that was, before his ears were greeted with the sounds of sirens and in a blink, a couple of police vehicles parked right in front of their house.

Surprised by it, Sungjae immediately stood up before a couple of officers walked over to him.

"Jung Hyunjae?" One of the police opened question.

"N-No I'm his brother actually."

"Where is he now, is he in the house?"