f o r t y - o n e

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

"All rise" And in cue, every person sitting inside the court room stood up as the judge panel re-entered the room after a few long hours of trials within the court regarding Hyunjae's hit and run incident.

And attending the trials was Taehyung, the victim, and Sungjae on behalf of his brother that's currently being treated within the mental health facility in approval of the courts and Sungjae himself. Taehyung got discharged from the hospital a week ago and his broken arm was still in an arm sling.

As the judge sat down on his assigned chair, the rest followed after. Yoongi and Chaeyoung also attended the trial as they were seated at the far back.

"Please rise Mr. Jung" The judge calmly spoke as Sungjae gulped and with a heavy heart bearing in his chest, he rises up from his seat, waiting for the final judgement regarding his brother.

"I've listened to the testimony and taken into special consideration of Mrs. Park Chaeyoung's appeal of clemency on behald of Mr. Jung Hyunjae.

That his actions directly resulted from incapability in maintaining his sanity when the incident occurred.

Added to the fact that Mr. Jung is diagnosed with mental illness for about three years and received limited treatments within the time span.

And also taken into consideration that Mr. Kim declined in filing a lawsuit against Mr. Jung.

And as such, Jung Hyunjae are hereby sentenced to serve one year at the Cheomwandong Prison with the possibility of early parole."

"This court is adjourned" The judged concluded as he hit the gavel and the court dismissed.

And easily, tears rolled down Sungjae's cheeks as he remained standing by the assigned desk.

That was before Taehyung just slowly approached towards him and gave his shoulder a gentle grasp. "You okay?"

Breathing in a long one, Sungjae just nodded as he felt the heavy weights burdening down his shoulders for years and years were slowly being lifted.

"Thank you" Sungjae whispered and Taehyung just gave him a light smile before patting his back. "Don't mention it"

With that, Taehyung left the court room and went straight to the front lobby where Yoongi and Chaeyoung were seen waiting for him.

"Hey, you know you two don't even have to wait for me. Don't you have an exam today?" Taehyung asked Chaeyoung.

"Well like we're letting you go back home alone when Jennie's not around in this condition" She replied as she shrugged.

"You're treating me like I couldn't even walk home, come on, I just need a taxi then it's all good" Taehyung retorted.

"Nah save it, Seokjin's on his way, he said he needed you to help him in choosing his wedding tux" Yoongi added and Taehyung just scoffed.

"Why would he needed my help with that stuff?"