Saturday, 10th April 1912

Approaching the steps I breathed reluctantly, extatic for fun and mischief. Though I respected my mother's orders, I was to find a suitable husband; wed him as soon as possible. For, why else would I be upon this extraordinary boat, a new kingdom upon the ocean? The darkness mentally succumbed me, however I became distracted by a glorious, mesmerising face stood before me; the glistening complection of the sea - his pale, blue eyes drowned me. Suddenly I was stranded out at sea, floating and bobbing along The Atlantic Ocean, numb, yet so full of life. Finally, I recollected where I was, my glossy red heels skimming the ground, my eyes wandering miles away, pondering the secrets, stories and sonnets lurking in the depths underground. The wind shrieks songs of anticipation, eagerly edging me to continue, and I hurried along on my journey. My mother once told me a bedtime tale of all the mythical beasts, magical creatures and miraculous legends found below the sea, a placed deemed as scary, though I conspire it's a beautiful place. Perhaps I'd find a land of mermaids; one far better than the world we live now. An irresistible, icy palace is The Atlantic, even in the often chilly hours of mid-spring.
As I continued travelling the boat, my nose high in the air (my mother told me showing confidence is key in the art of capturing the interest of a man), a diamond caught my eye.
Not a diamond, perhaps a shiny block of gold; undoubtedly expensive. The gold possessed my vision, hijacked my sanity. I don't think I'd ever seen anything so gorgeous, and it seemed as though he was struck too.
"What brings you here?" asked the sensational block of gold before me.
"Fun, excitement, whatnot." these words simply flew off my tongue. My mother was correct, this is less of a challenge than I first believed.
He nodded his fluttering, brown locks towards me understandingly, and took the hand of a radiant, lovely young woman, sneaky sliding his fingers through hers. She shot me a grin of arrogance, which I met with an uneasy, nervous look back.
He smiled awkwardly at me, as the couple skipped off ahead. This boat was happy couples galore, diamond rings gliding on waves of joy - which was not the prayer within my nightmares.