Monday, 11th April 1912

A piercing scream woke me from my peaceful slumber, followed by a mysterious hiss. Yet the only noise disturbing me was the one of shame - shame that I wasn't equipped with the indestructible superpower of a shiny, glossy ring holding gallons of security and respect. This feeling, strengthened by my crippling inability to deal with rejection. Though my mind travelled thoughtfully to my mother; her nose inside her favourite book (​The Secret Garden,​ I wouldn't wonder), her tangy, deadly dry red wine; anticipating my return - arm in arm with a charming, dazzling man to wed.
The scream I heard was inhuman, some psychotic creature of the night, terrorising and tormenting sleeping beauties. Regardless, I continued my search for an ideal partner. And I was determined to find him, stopping at no ends to receive my childhood dreams.
I daren't enter, but just multiple doors down came a divine tune that coursed through my bones. It called me, reeled me in. I was a puppet tied to string, prancing and frolicing to the sweet sensations of ball music. It was only a vertical,

wooden frame blocking me from my future, my sadness and despair vanishing before my eyes. I was tenacious, eager for a life divergent to one I once lived.
As I opened the door, I was greeted by a smartly-dressed middle-aged man, decorated with a top hat and lenses of fatigue. He met my intrigued, blushing eyes with a nod and tip of his hat, and he exited the way I entered. The room I entered left me stunned; infinite room height topped with an icing of glitzy chandeliers, upon a fluffy Victoria sponge of gracefully dressed people; smart and clean. What was I compared to them - merely a soot-stained splodge of grime - the definition of disgust in one disgrace?
Though I was something less than solemn, I dragged my feet along the portentous floorboards, with people of potence glaring at my every move. Instantly, my decision was regretted.
With perplexed, weary eyes, I span back to the door, to bury my emotions in the comforting arms of my bleak, bitter blanket. Goodness knows why the pain of degradation sickened me so, but I knew I wasn't to stand for it.
My disappointed feet strode upon the beige carpet, until hurriedly I was stopped by a man of beauty and grace; one of personality and uniqueness. I perceived his empty, transparent eyes and the glare this captured from rays of artificial light as a cry for help; a piercing shriek to be saved from a life he detests. As before, I began to wonder if this is the person I am destined to meet, however as usual I suspected a prissy, perfect, princess to stride behind his pulsing fingers and bury them into hers.
"Beautiful," he whispered, staring deep into my ruby eyes, "I'm sure I've seen you before, perhaps in my dreams." How incredibly forward. My mother warned me about these men; charming and magical at first, striving for bunches of lovely ladies to swoon over them. Yet once a single pointy thorn develops, the ladies are picked and left to suffocate awfully. Though I shan't fret, I appreciated the flattery immensely. He truly was stunning.
Sticking sensibly to my responsibilities, I left my head hanging high as I continued the conversation.
"That's very nice of you." I spoke words of sincerity, intending to keep this mystery man in my presence. With that, I asked him for his name.
"Leonardo." he replied, his shiny, pure locks of shimmering, satin silk flourishing through the air of the ballroom. A magical name for a magical face.
His eyes spoke something obscene, though his mouth asked me for my name.
"Evelyn." I spluttered confidently, attempting to articulate perfectly as my mother had told me, but failing. "Evelyn Banks." I added.
He nodded as I said this, and abruptly offered me a drink. Apprehensively, I agreed to this, a reluctant smile upon my face. So far, so good; dashing and oh so perfect. We spoke a while, our eyes concocting a new conversation far more precious and meaningful than our own.
As I conversed so carefully, my sophistication triggered a flirtatious young man in him - but this couldn't conflict with my dignity for one moment. I feel he is the one, magnificent Leonardo, though I cannot be sure.