10 Days Before X-Mas

지수

Mr. Yang and Mr. Lee gathered all the employees to talk about their annual Christmas exchange. After finishing the final details of my work, I joined the rest of the employees for our Christmas exchange. I stood next to Seulgi while we listened to Mr. Lee and Mr. Yang explains our limit. After the brief explanation, Seulgi goes around with a Santa hat that held slips of paper of everyone's name. 

Being the last person to pick from the hat, I placed my hand in the hat and wished I don't get that particular person. I take out the paper and before I can open it, Mr. Yang suddenly announces that they're missing one more employee and to wait to open to the slip of paper until the employee has returned and told everyone to get back to work. 

Thankfully it was my break time and I went into the break room and made myself a cup of coffee. 

--

On the other side of town, Ella was guiding Rose where her mom works. And Ella was excited to introduce Rose to her mother. Rose insisted they walk around the city to be able to get to know each other more, just in case they run into each other again. Ella began to talk about how much of a hard worker her mom is and how much she takes care of her. As well as her mother's friends including Seulgi and Irene. Rose laughs at Ella's stories about pranking Irene everywhere to come outside of the house every morning in winter just to get her into a snowball fight. 

Along the way, Rose orders a dozen gingerbread cookies for Ella and her mother. Along with hot chocolate. Ella ordered the same thing with extra whip cream and extra marshmallows. As they turn the corner, the young one squeals saying her mom worked at a building that was close to this street. 

Rose began to get suspicious, but she didn't assume too quickly. She only cared about bringing Ella back to her mother. It seemed to be that Ella knew her way around the street to get to her mom's work. Once they reached the front of the building, Ella excitedly points at the top floor. "My mommy works there! Come on, Rose!" 

She tugs on Rose's hand since she was nearly standing still shocked that her mother works in the same building as her. But how come she hasn't met her yet? Oh right, she hardly interacts with anyone from outside of work and inside. She only talks to them about business. She allowed Ella to drag her to the next elevator that was about to close. 

As soon as they made it to the elevator, Ella pushed the button of the floor. Rose's eyes widened in surprise when she sees Ella press the floor button and it was on the same floor she works at. Now she's twice as nervous as she was before. 

--

"Hey, Jisoo. Isn't that--", Seulgi gets herself cut off when the whole floor stopped what they were doing after they hear a loud squealing sound coming from the elevator. I looked at where the screaming is coming from, but before I even have time to react, a small pair of arms wrap around my neck. 

"Hi, mom!" Ella?! She giggles and hugs me tighter and finally lets go. I have never seen her so happy in my life. Not that I've always seen her happy in the other days of our lives, it's just today that she's just extremely happy and full of joy. What did she do? And first of all, why is she here? 

I stop her from jumping up and down by holding her shoulders down. But that smile never left her face. As much as I'm happy that she's happy, I just want to know why is she here and how did she even get here. "Honey, how did you get here? And why are you here?" 

"I was going to take the bus to see Santa, but the bus driver wasn't going to let me. Then this nice lady said she'll take me to see Santa. When we got there, the line was too long and I was really sad. I told her my wish and she promised she won't tell you."