5 Days Before X-Mas

All about our lovely Park Chaeyoung- unnie. 
Small bit of Jisoo, Jennie, and Ella interaction. 
But this chapter is all about Rose. 

--
로제

I purposely missed work for today to meet up with my ex-wife, Joy. I never would've thought that she would come back and talk after two years. Though I moved on from her, I still felt the slight betrayal from her. Maybe this is just her way of closure? I walked into the restaurant and I spotted her at the back waiting for me. I take my seat, slightly startling her. 

"Hey, I didn't hear you come in.", she chuckles, putting down her menu. "I ordered your favorite if you don't mind.", she smiles genuinely and sits herself up, getting herself comfortable. I thanked her for ordering my meal while she waited. After a few minutes of awkward silence, our meals arrived and from there we began to chat.

"How have you been?", I ask as I take a bite from my pasta. Joy finished chewing and answered. "I've been doing well. I met this girl, Wendy, we're already married." (Wenjoy: A superior ship besides Joyri) she says and takes a sip from her glass of water.

I didn't mean to let out a sarcastic remark but it just slipped. "I hope she treats you way better than I did." Joy gawks at my remark and I expected her to lash out but she didn't, which surprised me. She reaches across the table and takes my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. She looks into my eyes with such a gentle expression. 

"We were so young. We were so much in love. But we only liked the thought of giving and getting love...", she starts. I stayed quiet and let her speak her mind. I've always known how good she is at that. "... Chaeyoung-ah, you've taken so much care of me and I am grateful for that. The way you've taken care of me, loved me, respected, and trust, I just knew you didn't deserve me..." 

"... I know there's someone out that deserves you more than anything in this world. But, you also deserve to feel that certain warmth of love and family. And I know you had a past, but this is your future that we're talking about. But if you want to, you can always fix the past for a better future if it is not too late."

 I can only take Joy's advice and process it in my head. It was so much to take in, that I had nothing else to say. Instead, I just smiled and nodded. Then she asked me a question that made my smile grow bigger. "Have you met anyone that has given you or reminded you that feeling of love and family?"

I felt my heart beating frantically and I felt like it was going to burst. The first person that came to mind when she asked that question was Ella and Jisoo. Even as I drank my glass of water, I couldn't stop smiling. 

"Who is she?", asked Joy she must've taken my smile as yes. Which it is. I looked outside the window and admired the few couples that passed by. Holding hands, laughing, and enjoying the falling snow and singing Christmas carols along the way. I look back to Joy. 

"She has a daughter named Ella. Her daughter...she really cares for her mother who is also a co-worker of mine.  And if it wasn't for her, I probably would've never felt this feeling of love and family ever again." After talking about Jisoo and Ella, I felt immensely proud of myself. I've never talked to anyone about someone else so passionately. Is this what love is?

Joy suddenly gets a call and after a few seconds, she was told that she is needed for an emergency.  "It was nice talking to you again. I hope we can remain friends.", she takes out her hand for a handshake. I gladly shake it, "Truce."

Before Joy left, I had one last thing to say to her. "Joy...Thank you." 

"Don't mention it.", she flashes one last smile and leaves the restaurant. I pay for my other half of the bill since Joy paid her other half before she left. Once I got my change, I went back to my car and I began to realize after a few minutes I was staring at a certain contact on my phone with my thumb hovering over the 'call' button.