Chapter 4

"Joanna, it's time to wake up," Joshua said.

"Do I have to," I asked?

"Well, Sofia came to visit so I figured you'd want to get up and talk to her," Joshua said.

I shot up out of bed and ran out of my room. I saw Sofia sitting in the living room and I felt a smile spread on my face.

 I saw Sofia sitting in the living room and I felt a smile spread on my face

"Jojo! Come here girl!"

I ran over to Sofia and hugged her. She was so tall now! She took after her mother a lot, just like how Vernon took after his dad a lot.

"I missed you so much! Just wait one moment. I'm going to get dressed up so we can go some place nice," I said.

"I wanna help you pick out your outfit," Sofia said excitedly.

I giggled and let her pick my clothes, kind of like how we used to play dress up when we were younger.

"Dang girl! You lookin' like a full course meal with the dessert," Sofia said when I got undressed.

I laughed so hard I snorted and my face turned red. I was caught off guard because I usually end up wearing Joshua's old clothes because I can't find a lot of clothes in my size.

"Sofia, are you sure that's not too revealing?"

"I swear, you're only one step away from being a nun. It's fine! I was hoping to get out today since I know you don't get to go out a lot, and you're going to get sweaty if you cover up like you usually do."

I put the clothes on and then Sofia wanted to do my hair. Finally, she put a little lip tint on my lips and I looked in the mirror.

"I remember how people called you little mochi bunny, but I think you're more like Lola bunny now," Sofia said

"I'm still a mochi. Look at the baby fat in my face," I said.

"You still have V shaped jaw! Just shut up and take my compliment already," Sofia said.

I laughed and it felt so good to finally be happy again. Sofia always brought a smile to my face. She came just at the right time too.