Chapter 5

I entered the Pledis building and I was greeted by the softest thing ever. My brother was being very cute with S.Coups and it was perfect.

I didn't want to interrupt the lovely moment so I just looked elsewhere for someone else to ask where Vernon was

I didn't want to interrupt the lovely moment so I just looked elsewhere for someone else to ask where Vernon was. I looked around until I found "mother", also known as Jeonghan.

 I looked around until I found "mother", also known as Jeonghan

"Hey sweetheart, you look so pretty today. You look like a young woman, and now I feel like I'm about to tear up," Jeonghan said.

I smiled and hugged Jeonghan and said,

"Don't worry, I'm still Jeonghan's bunny. Have you seen Vernon?"

"Oh, I think he's back in the dorms. He said he left to go shower because he was so sweaty after working out and he knew you and Sofia would be showing up today so he didn't want to look gross. I can take you to him though."

I took Jeonghan's hand and I let him lead me to the Seventeen dorms. I was pretty close with Jeonghan as well. Partially because he's Joshua's best friend, partially because I let my guard down around him since he kind of looks like Joshua, and also because he treats me like I'm his child. Kinda like how he is with Dino.

"How are things with Jaehyun? If you don't want to talk about it that's okay," Jeonghan said.

"No, it's fine with you. When I talk to you I feel like you help me solve the issue or get better. But promise me to not tell Joshua."

Jeonghan stopped walking and looked at me surprised. I know that I usually don't ask him to keep things from my brother, so he was probably confused. Not to mention Joshua is his best friend and he didn't like keeping secrets from him, especially if it concerned my safety.

"I don't know about that. Sweetie, what is going on that you don't want me to tell Joshua about?"

"It's nothing. It's just things a bit tense right now and I'm afraid he might over react."

"Okay, well I'll be the judge of that. If I think anything you tell me could mean you could be in serious danger then I'll have to tell him. But if you're telling the truth when you say it's nothing, then I won't tell him."

That was far enough. I didn't want to ruin Joshua and Jeonghan's friendship because of me.

"First of all, it's not like I have anything to hide from Joshua. I just...I wish my relationship problems were just between Jaehyun and I. I feel like it can blow out of proportion that way, but I guess it's too late now thanks to him."

"Yeah, that makes sense. He should have asked you if it was okay if he talked about your relationship with his friends. He claims he's gone all the time because he's not supposed to be dating anyway and he has to keep it a secret, but then he turns around and talks to his band mates like he's such a great boyfriend."

"Right! Johnny was telling me I should thank Jaehyun for sending me a care package after my last eye surgery, but how was I supposed to even know he sent me anything with bandaging around my eyes?! He was supposed to be there for me! He promised he would be there so his face was the first thing I would see! He didn't even tell me why he wasn't there!"

"Seriously?! Not even know?! That was years ago, and he just acts like that never happened. Why does he even bother. He knows you could do way better than him, but he chooses to make you suffer instead because he's possessive!"

"Yeah, that's why I told him last week that if he didn't tell me how things were going to start changing we were done. Today is his last day and he hasn't said a word. I know he's not going to be able to do it, and he's probably going to ask for a second chance. But I'm done with these games he plays."

"Well, it's good to be hearing my little bunny be so strong. I always worried Jaehyun would take advantage of the fact that you're very passive aggressive. No offense, but I always had a bad feeling about him because he didn't seem to be like the kind of guy for you. He's a grown man, but he acts like he's still in his early teens. Meanwhile, you're very polite and mature for your age but you still have a very youthful vibe about you. But I have no doubt that you are more responsible than most adults I know."

I giggled at what Jeonghan said and he chuckled as well. This is why I always loved talking to Jeonghan. I could talk to him about some really heavy stuff, and he would never blow things out of proportion or make them more difficult. He always made things feel like they were going to be okay. Just like my mom.

"So...just out of curiosity. What kind of guy do you think is more suitable for me?"

"Well, you're very shy so you would have to know the person very well. So they would probably have to be a very close friend to you before they can ask you out. I think you would do well with someone around your age, but understands what it means to be a gentleman and that he should always treat you with respect. He would never pull a stunt like trying to have an intense make out with you in front of your brother. Most importantly, he would be 100% loyal to you no matter what. If he heard rumors about you, he wouldn't buy into it because he trusts you. If word got out that you were his girlfriend he would be proud, but he wouldn't use you for bragging rights. He would want you to have the same opportunity as another other girl in a relationship to feel loved and special. He wouldn't make any excuses for his bad behavior and he would focus on giving you what you deserve."

I realized that Jeonghan took my question very seriously, so I took his advice to heart. It helped prepare me to move on from Jaehyun because deep down I knew he was never going to be that for me, so him and I were never going to work out anyway. Jaehyun probably doesn't want to hear that, but whether he accepted that to be true or not was not my job.

Jaehyun get over our break up the same way he got over letting me down, all by himself. Besides, how can he expect me to love him back when he never loved me as much as I loved him?