25 • Learn

"Okay so stand straight with your feet slightly apart." Mark says first. I do so and he nods. "Put your hands up like mine." He says and I follow his action.

"One, two, three and punch. Don't forget to keep your chest straight in position," He says and I punch the bag.

"No, put your hand like this," He goes behind me and show me the right way how to get in the ready position. He's basically hugging me.. I can hear his heartbeats. He holds my hand and punch it lightly on the punching bag. "I can show you how strong I can punch this buddy but you should do your best. The best sound is the best punch," He says once again and I try to punch it.

"Great! That's a nice sound. But it's not so loud. Maybe because you just started your strength training today. But don't worry, you will become stronger as times go on," Mark words encourages me.

"It's already late evening. You should change. I want to bring you to somewhere. Dress warmly too," Mark says before I leave the practice room. I nod and head to the bathroom right away.

I change into a more comfortable and warm outfit. As I get out from that bathroom, Mark is already waiting for me at the bench. "I brought your bag," He hands me my bag and I thank him.

 "I brought your bag," He hands me my bag and I thank him

"Hey wait. You go first. I have to get something I left," I say and heads inside again. I buy two cans of energy drinks from the vending machine.

I enter the car and give Mark one of the drink. He happily drinks it and drives away. We get out of town and enter another city. "Where are we going? This is so far out of town," I say and Mark keeps on a smiling face.

I fell asleep mid way and as I wake up, I can see light all over the streets in an unknown town. "This is so beautiful.. where are we now? This looks like Itaewon. I've never been here before.. Am I right?" I ask and Mark nods. He stops in front of a wrecked and dirty unfinished building next to a big tree.

"What are we going to do here?" I slowly get out from the car. Slightly cold and afraid of what Mark going to do here.

"Your father found me here." He says as I hug myself. "I was only 9 years old that time. He took me away from this filthy place where I used to live," Mark continues and take something from the ground. It's a picture frame.

He hands me the frame and I take it from him. I brush away some dust and dirt from it and I can see a boy with his mother in the picture. "Is this you and your mother?" I ask and he slowly nods.

"I used to live here with my mother. She works as a dishwasher at a restaurant in front of the school." He says while smiling and looking at the picture. "She would bring me some rice with curry every night. Then she would fry an egg for me and we can eat our dinner. We don't have lights here. We use candles every night," He says and point to the corner of the building. I can see a burnt stove all over the place.

"Are you disgusted by this place?" He suddenly asks with a straight face.

"Hmm? Of course not," I say while returning the frame to you.

"Great." He chuckles and I laugh.

"Why?" I ask and he shake his head.

"I want to tell you something." He says and I suddenly gets nervous. "I.. fell in love with you..." He says and I look at him in surprised.

"You... what?" I ask again and he closes his eyes tight.

"Yes. Look, I'm so sorry for this. Let's just go home now," He awkwardly scratches his neck and get in the car.

Before getting in the car, I found something sparkling on the ground under the dried leaves. This looks like it belongs to his mother.. The necklace in the picture...!

"Huh?! What-why?" I ask in surprise as Mark now have his face really close to mine.
________________________________________
Please leave a comment if you like it or not and don't forget to vote ;) Please follow me for more upcoming books! 📂

Lots of love for Sunny Fairies! 🚨

Please promote this book if possible ❤️