3

"Can you at least remember to put your plate in the sink and not on the counter?" Frank scoffed, glaring at his husband who was leaning against the table on his - Frank's - phone. "Sorry." Gerard apologized, not in the least bit sincere. "What are you doing?" Frank was curious, his previous irritation gone as quickly as it had come. "On your twitter. You rarely go on here."

"I do. I rarely tweet. There's nothing to tweet about." Frank shrugged, sighing as he left the kitchen. His phone dinged.

"Josh asked to hang out Saturday at some show at some bar." Gerard read, still scrolling. "Ugh. Josh knows I don't drink that much now." "Well, tell him your husband is here anyways, so no."

"Jealous?" Frank smirked, walking past him with a wink.

"If anyone is jealous it should be Josh because I get to see your dick. Touch your dick. Su-"

"Alright, tiger. Slow down." Frank chuckled. When he entered the living room and glanced at the door, he thought about the mystery person. Who knocks on the door late at night just to not answer and leave?

A murderer, that's who.

"Militia attacks more civilians and retains the last shipment of supplies." Gerard read as he plopped down next to Frank. His eyebrows were creased in concentration. "That has something to do with where you were deployed?" Frank asked and Gerard nodded. "Everything's the government's fault, according to them - like always." Gerard crossed his legs. Frank sighed heavily. They had went shopping and he had taken some beautiful pictures at the park. He wanted the day to continue on without military talk.

"I wish that was all over with. It's not even our fight." Frank murmured, closing his eyes and leaning his head back. "Well, we can't just sit back and let innocent people get killed." Gerard scoffed.

"Let me rephrase that: It's not your fight."

"Anything that's America's fight is my fight."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"Whatever, Gerard!" Frank exclaimed, jerking his whole body in annoyance as his eyes snapped open. He couldn't look at him then so he turned his head and sighed, regretting he'd ever said anything. He felt the couch slowly dip at his and tried to make his body language seem inviting - because just that quick he wanted to be in Gerard's strong hold.

Gerard runs his thumb across Frank's cheek and kisses the other. "You might as well just tell me when you leave to make it less painful." Frank says quietly, feeling his stomach swirl. It won't make it less painful, he knows that. Nothing will make it less painful. It'll override his emotional controls for the next few days. Or weeks. Or maybe until Gerard leaves.

Gerard pushes his lips against the corner of Frank's mouth. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Frank finally turns and Gerard takes his hands away. "I don't know. Whenever they say I have to leave I have to leave."

"That's bullshit!" Frank blurts, surprising Gerard. "They can't just take you when they want!"

Gerard's eyes are wide due to Frank's sudden outburst. "Frank...It's nothing I can help. There's nothing I can do-"

"You can fucking leave!" Frank stands up, glaring down at his husband. "You can stay here. With me. With your husband. Instead of risking your life for some-" Frank cuts himself off and lets out a frustrated sound. "Frank, there are innocent lives being taken every day. And it's not like I chose what to do once I left."