Chapter 6

Killian's POV

I was at home when I heard the car in the driveway and there she was. I know its been a few weeks but she looks so much older. Why cant time slow down.

"Hey dad." Sophie says and hugs me.

"Hey love welcome home." I say.

She walked into the house and I followed shortly after. I could tell she had something on her mind.

"Okay well.. Im gonna unpack." She says.

"Woah Soph a moment." I say.

"Yeah Dad?" She questions.

"You okay? You usually tell all around about the camp and unpack tomorrow. Is something the matter?" I ask.

"No... Well... Yes... No." She says

"Umm... I'll be upstairs." Sam says.

"Soph you always tell me stuff. So whats on your mind?" I ask again.

"Uncle Killian, Sophie told us what she wants to mention. Im just not sure you want to hear it." Tilly says and she too went upstairs.

"Soph." I say.

"Okay dad. I have been thinking about my mother okay. I made a friend who talked about her mom and I realized that I dont know anything about mine at all." Sophie says.

She wants to know about Emma? Wow its been years since she asked about her. I just dont know if I can.

Emma's POV

Liv got home a few hours ago and I havent seen her since the brief moment she stopped by. Then there she was on the couch when I walked in and she just seemed so distant.

"Livy? Liv?" I question.

"Yeah mom? Is something the matter?" Liv asks.

"Yeah. You come home barely say anything to me and I would like to know why?" I ask.

"Geez mom pushy much. Look I dont have to be that girl who needs her mommy all the time." She says.

"Woah there. Dont talk like that to me. This attitude of yours needs to stop. Im your mother and you will not speak to me like that." I say.

"You know for a mother you did a very wonderful job... It just makes me wonder did you really do it alone or was my father ever in the picture?" She asks.

"Liv... Whats this about? Why are you mentioning him?" I ask.

"Well maybe cause you never do. You dont even talk about him. Was he like nothing or something? Was I a mistake?" She asks.

I just looked at her and I could in a way know that this could be what is hurting her. Maybe it is time to mention him. Then again maybe not.

Sophia's POV

I had asked my dad about my mom about two days ago and nothing. He either doesnt want to talk about her or he just doesnt want me to know what happened.

"Hey Soph." Sam says.

"Oh hey." I say.

"Umm... Look Im sorry. Though I know what your going through. So parents just cant tell their kids the truth about the other cause its to painful. I know you wanted to know more about how it all went, but maybe just ask how it ended. Maybe that way your dad wont have to relive all the pain." He says.

"Thanks." I say.

"Your welcome." He says.

I walked into my dad's office here at the house and when he saw me he could barely flash a smile.