Back To Etheron

As Arielle and the gang arrived on Etheron, Arielle noticed something strange with the planet.

"Why is there smoke?" Matt asked.

"A fire could not be noticeable at this height," Nyma said.

"It is so strange," Rolo said.

Arielle took one deep breath. Matt looked at Arielle. She was so focused, it was impossible for him to tell what Arielle was thinking.

"Get to the planet's surface," Arielle said.

The team arrived at the surface. She looked at N-7, Nyma and Rolo.

"You must keep this ship hidden at all times. For that matter, you mustn't exit the ship. If anyone were to catch you, relocate yourself and we will find you. There will be no radio communication with one another. Is that understood?" Arielle instructed.

"How long do you think you will be gone for?" Nyma asked.

Arielle went and grabbed her cloak and wore it. Her voice lowered as she spoke

"I don't know. It will be more than a few vargas but we could be here for several quitants. Just be ready" Arielle said.

"Of course" they responded. 

Matt threw on his cloak and together they headed out to Etheron's gates. Much like last time, Arielle had to sneak around. She scanned the entrance and found where there was a gap in the wall. Matt and Arielle ran to that part of the wall and the slid in between the cracks. As they got to the other side, they hid behind a pile of empty crates. Arielle witnessed how there was a Galran being punished by Zarkon's soldiers. They were shot. Matt and Arielle mourned for the lost life. Arielle was about to move before Matt stopped her.

"Arielle if this is what happens on Etheron, then I want to stay by your side. This isn't easy news to take in" Matt said. 

Arielle nodded and she travelled. They went through a similar path that she had gone on when she was here with Shiro and Keith. Sneaking through small cracks and dark alleyways, passing by those who starved on the streets. Arielle sighed. There were fewer areas of travel and for one reason. Buildings in those areas had gone up in smoke and all there was left was ashes. People still lived on the ashes but the lack of coverage these buildings once provided made it difficult for Arielle and Matt to travel through.

"Arielle"

Matt was behind, panting. He was trying to keep up with Arielle who moved rapidly because of her sightings of guards.

"Are we going the right way?"

Arielle didn't know what to say. In her head, she had memorized her path but because of the newfound obstacles, she didn't know if they would find Libek in her usual hiding spot or if they were to find her in a new place. She continued to walk and Matt rushed behind.

.....

What felt like circles ended. Eventually, Arielle found the area that looked like the one Libek used to live around. There were some buildings burnt down which was why the overall appearance looked different than what she remembered it to be.

"You need to be quiet Matt. People here aren't friendly. We just need to find a friend of mine. Follow closely."

Matt nodded and they got out of the shadow and began to walk towards the buildings. They snuck past guards. As they walked, Arielle noticed another girl who was being dragged. She knew that girl was going to the slave auction but she couldn't save her.

If I step out to help her, our cover would be blown.

Matt like Arielle, wanted to help but because he knew Arielle wasn't going to go help, he knew he needed to do the same. They continued to walk until they went down a dark alley and eventually found a group of people who surrounded a fire from a metal bin.