Chap 17

It took longer than Stretch had expected for Papyrus to leave the shared apartment.

It seemed that the other had taken a few days off of work after getting his brother back. Stretch knew for a fact that he'd do the same if his brother had gone through something so terrible. It was a show of how much sans meant to Papyrus. Another reason he severely doubted the claims against his friend. Papyrus just wouldn't do something like that.

However, his brother wasn't one to lie. Stretch figured he must of been misled by someone.

Though 'who' was the question. After Razz's lecture, he was left uncertain about the 'Fell brothers involvement in all of this. As Razz had informed him, Hp didn't drop below 5 in only a few weeks. That meant that someone had been hurting Sans for... for quite awhile. Much longer than Sans had been with the two-- though that didn't mean they hadn't harmed him in the time that the smallest had been with them.

Knowing this, Stretch certainly regretted how he acted towards the three. How he'd acted towards Sans, judging him without knowing him. How he had gotten the Fell brothers in trouble for something they probably hadn't done. He'd have to find a way to make it up to them.

Starting with finding out who truly was hurting Sans.

The whole situation could be easily solved if Sans would just confess to who was hurting him. Of course, he understood that it wasn't that simple, but that didn't mean he didn't wish Sans would just tell the truth. They would believe him. They'd help him. Was he afraid no one would help?

" It's been thirty minutes, I think we're good" Slim spoke up, drawing his attention.

In the past few days, Papyrus had left once or twice, but he had always come back within ten to twenty minutes. Those were just quick visits to the store, but this time it seemed that their cheery alternate had to head back to work. Meaning they had more than enough time to talk with Sans. The two used their magic to enter the 'Tale brothers' apartment, taking a shortcut in to prevent any traces of their presence.

" Kinda feels odd to be here without Paps" Slim commented, glancing around the apartment. Stretch nodded in agreement, it really did feel odd. Out of their group, Papyrus had always been the most reluctant to have anyone over at the shared apartment. Stretch had always assumed it was because of the fact that Sans would be there.

" Lets just find him" Stretch sighed, heading down the hall first.

He figured that Sans would probably still be asleep. He hadn't been over to the Tale brothers' home enough to recall whose room was whose, but he was certain that this room belonged to Sans. It was sparsely decorated, as in, not decorated at all. The only furniture in the bedroom was a mattress pushed against the wall, blankets piled atop of it, and a nightstand sitting right beside it. The lack of furniture wasn't all that surprising- it'd taken Blue quite awhile to convince Stretch to have more than a mattress and trash in his room. What was surprising was the lack of trash or discarded clothes, but perhaps Papyrus had cleaned it up for him.

The two approached the bundle of blankets, pulling them back to check if Sans was resting. The bed was empty, but something did catch their attention. There was a large dark stain on the pillow case.

Stretch frowned, " Is that-?"

" Marrow, yeah"

That looked like far too much to be from a nosebleed. Did he get hurt somehow? Did he hurt himself? It looked like there were specks of dust mixed in-

"..uh.. what're you doing?"

The two jolted at the unexpected voice, turning to face the source. Stretch froze, soul dropping in horror. Any and all thoughts were cast from his skull as he stared at Sans in ever-growing horror.