Day Three / Two

I come walking down towards Will. Behind me, there's a very confused Percy Jackson and a smirking Annabeth Chase, whom of which had just high-fived me.

"What was that about?" Will asks me.

"I had to tell him something kind of important."

"Ah. Got it." He replies, sort of shortly.

"I have to tell you something too, and ask you something, uh... Back room of the Infirmary?" I suggest. He nods, walking straight there.

We're in that small room yet again, and I think it's sort of apparent that I'm nervous.

"How common is it to be... Gay?" I ask finally.

"Over half my siblings are gay, man. I think the entire Iris cabin is. A good few of the Aphrodite kids are bi or pan, I think, because love is love. Like, it's really fucking common. Why?" I let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm from the 1920s, I didn't think..."

"Oh yeah man. Nowadays is super gay. I mean, there's still homophobes obviously, but... So gay. Think you might be?" He asks, seeming almost...Hopeful?

"I don't think I am, I know I am, I was just making sure that that's okay."

Will lights up, for reasons I could never guess. He grins and blushes, and it's adorable. "You are? Is that what you were telling Percy?"

"That and," I debate whether or not to tell him fully, though I don't see why not, "That he was the one that... Helped me figure that out."

"Fucking nice! I get it. Percy's cute. How many people have you told?"

"Percy, Annabeth, Hazel, Reyna, and you. And Jason. I didn't really have a choice about telling him, though."

"Damn, get outed? By who?"

"Cupid."

"...Wild. Wait why did you tell me this?" He questions.

"You mentioned being gay yourself, I figured that you'd be a good source about that."

"Oh yeah. I'm glad you trust me enough to, you know... tell me that." He blushes again.

"Of course. Will, I..."

"Will! You're needed!"

And like that, he's gone, off to help another idiot camper.

I'm kind of glad about that. I was about to say something I knew I'd end up regretting anyway.