Chapter 5

Paige's POV

Today is Friday and we all got to miss school today because the competition is tomorrow and Abby thinks we haven't had enough practice.

All of the moms were mad that we had dance because we when are at school, that's their time to go grocery shopping, clean the house and make food.

Brooke and I got in the car while we waited for our mom to drive us to dance.

I opened the heavy doors to the studio and walked to the den. I put my hair in a bun and took out my phone.

To: Chlo bird🐤
From: Paigey🐻

Hey Chlo! When r u gonna get 2 the studio? It's sooooo boring when Brooke is making out with Nick and I'm here in the den all alone😢

To: Paigey🐻
From: Chlo bird🐤

I'll be there soon don't worry! See u soon😘

I put my phone down when Zack walked into the den.

"Hi Paige," he said.

"Hey Zack," I said back.

"So I guess we are the only ones that came!"

"Haha, Chlo is on her way, Maddie and Kenzie should be here soon, Kendall and Nia should be here in like 5 minutes. Brooke is kissing Nick in the shop."

"Kissing eh?"

I stared into Zack's beautiful brown eyes and we leaned in and kissed. Then we pulled apart and started scooting away from each other as our faces turned as red as a fire truck. Of course, the rest of the team came in.

"What's going on here? A little make out party?" Brooke said.

Me and Zack's faces got even more red, if that was even possible.

"Oh my god they were totally kissing!" Kendall shouted.

Luckily, we didn't have to bear anymore of that because Abby called the duet in for practice. She was yelling at us for being distant, not having connection and acting awkward around each other. She told us to go get a water break and then come back in to rehearse the group.

When we got out of studio A, Zack pulled me aside and said, "look Paige, I'm sorry about kissing you, I just really like you. I hope we can forget it ever happened and we can be friends."

"But Zack, I don't want to forget. I like you too," I told him.

Zack looked at me and then walked towards me and kissed me again, but this time it was different. There were fireworks this time; I felt something and he felt something. We pulled apart and were smiling from ear to ear. We walked and got a drink then went back to studio A. When Zack and I went through the door holding hands, everyone awwed. Although, out of the corner of my eye I could've sworn I saw Maddie glaring at me. Oh well, maybe she's just anxious to dance. I can't wait for the competition tomorrow!

~

Sorry I know this chapter was kinda busy, but it's getting there! Just an update on what's going on:
Nationals is next week, Paige and Zack are technically dating now, and tomorrow is the fire and ice competition! Time for homework :/