~Chapter 5~

Balancing on the swings

-
-

Crickets were chirping

The moon was almost full, clouds barely blocking the light.

The night air was a bit chilly, especially now since I'm moving forwards and backwards, the wind gently blowing away and on my face.

The chains on the swings were cold, but I didn't mind; I usually come here when I feel bad about myself anyways, which was very often. I'm glad i came here now, its empty. It's a perfect place to get my mind of.. Stuff.. It's almost like i completely forgot what happened earlier. I never swing high, It's one of my biggest fear, I feel like I'm just going to fall forwards, and never stand up again.

I enjoy the peace and quiet, and the only noise is the squeaking if the chains moving forward and backward, in sync with the crickets high pitched chirping but they never bothered me. It was almost pitch black outside, I can't see anyone, the only light is the yellowish lights shining from the lamp posts scattered around the outer part of the park. I told my mom I was going to Buffy's, but that was a lie.

My parents took me to this park when I was 4 and it's where I met Andi, my other best friend. She was currently living with her grandmother Celia, but we call her Cece, and her grandfather Ham. Now, she has this huge family dilemma.. Who she thought was her older sister, was her mother who had her as a teenager. And her father didn't even know she existed for the past 13 years.

Andi.. Andi mack.. She has really short black hair, fair skin and brown eyes. She's always smiling, and she would and still does make headbands on her own. She's Jonah's girlfriend.

I close my eyes, remembering clearly how I met her, and how we clicked right away. She sat next to me on the swings, and all we did was talk and talk. Until my parents told me I had to go since the sun was setting.

After awhile, I started to sing a song my parents taught me while we were swinging together. It's pretty stupid.. I mean that's what people think, but no ones around for miles. I can see in the distance people's light from their windows turning off. And if anyone tries to approach me, guess I'll have to deal with it.

I slowly close my eyes again, breathing in the cold air and start to sing according to the squeaks of the chains of the swings.

This is stupid I'm 16, but no one will hear anyways..
Just calm down..

"Legs go up, legs go down,
That's how we make the swing go round,
Drag your feet, you'll go slow-"

The crickets chirping starts fading away, I hear noises in the sand, but ever since I was little I know its my imagination.. That's all, no one would come out at this time. I feel a pit in my stomach, something feels off -

It's your imagination..

"The more you drag.."

Step step

"The less you go.."

Step Step Step

I stop singing, I close my eyes a little tighter and being to restart. I feel really uneasy.. I need to relax - this is why I come here

"Legs go u-"

"Nice song" A familiar deep voice spoke from beside me, causing me to jolt up a bit and yell a mixed up mess of what I was supposed to say in the song. I force my feet down on the ground, making me come to a rough stop. Particles on the sand fly up everywhere, my sudden stop caused the chains on the swings squeak really loudly. I sharply inhale and turn to see who's trying to talk to me. I don't wanna get taken I did not expect this to happen I regret saying anything I swear I wanna live another day --