Chp. 58| Mephiles's Twin

~Third Person POV~

Fleetway was sleeping, keeping Mephiles warm as he held him. Mephiles had been a bit teary eyed when they were getting ready for bed, still being incredibly proud of Manic, though sad that Manic would be leaving soon. Fleetway, hoping to cheer Mephiles up a little, had hugged him and kept him close until he saw that Mephiles had fallen asleep.

As he didn't want to wake Mephiles up, Fleetway carried him around until he himself got in bed.

For a while, Fleetway had watched Mephiles sleep. He didn't realize it until then how much he'd grown to adore Mephiles, especially considering how they acted toward each other for months after they met. Now, it only seemed to make sense that they were this close. It was like they had been predestined to be together by some other-worldly, cryptic attraction.

Fleetway felt that Scourge and Manic may have had something similar. As well as one seemed to function when the other was around, it looked like they really did care for each other. How sad to think that right before Manic had to leave, they'd gotten into an argument.

Oh well. Hopefully they'd make up when they met again.

Now, in his sleep, Fleetway nuzzled closer to Mephiles as they were caught in a linked dream.

In the dream, the two were sitting in front of a fireplace. Mephiles was rubbing Fleetway's shoulders, listening as Fleetway made up a story for him.

Fleetway was getting to a good part, when he slowed down and began panting. "Is it getting hot in here?"

Mephiles noticed the warmth, but didn't complain, as he loved heat. However, he began to smell something burning.

They looked to the fireplace, but all that could be seen was a wide column of smoke.

That's when Mephiles realized: "Fleetway, we need to wake up!"

Fleetway was confused, as he wasn't aware that he was asleep. "What do you-"

"This is a dream, we are both sleeping. But the heat and smoke, I actually do sense it! Something is wrong!"

Now, Fleetway somewhat understood. "Well, how do we wake up?"

Mephiles quickly apologized in advanced, then slapped Fleetway. (This was only a dream slap, Fleetway was not truly injured.)

They both woke up.

Fleetway turned to Mephiles. "Wasn't there any other way to do that?"

"There is no time for this, now! Look!"

Fleetway looked to where Mephiles pointed, and smoke was seeping in under the door.

Mephiles, thinking quickly, grabbed Fleetway and teleported into Scourge's room. Scourge was still asleep, though he was having a nightmare of being trapped in an oven.

Mephiles quickly grabbed Scourge and teleported outside of the house.

When Scourge came to, now fully awake, he asked what had happened.

Fleetway answered, "We were asleep, then we started smelling smoke and it was burning up..."

"I grabbed everyone I saw and teleported us all outside." Mephiles finished.

Scourge sighed in relief, until he thought.

"Where's Manic?"

Before anyone could answer, a loud boom was heard.

Everyone turned to the house in shock. The house had exploded. Everything was on fire, and the house slowly began to collapse.

And when Scourge realized that Manic was nowhere in sight...