Chapter 33

"Rowan, a lot is going on today. Patrols are changing, trackers are being redirected and Rabelae will be here tomorrow." Alec told me, rushing around signing papers and shouting out orders to people.

Rabelae. I can't get that piece of paper out of my head. Why did Alec randomly freeze and the note suddenly appear? What is the deal with that pack?

Alec was still pissed at me and at this point, it is what it is, but I need to explain to him tonight's situation without giving up Saige and the doctor's involvement which is harder than I thought it'd be.

"Alec, I really need to speak with you," I tell him, trying to keep up with his long strides while he moves about through the office building. I honestly think he's trying to do whatever he can to refrain from conversing with me which sucks but to be expected.

"Rowan, like I said, I am very busy today. It can wait." He snapped. Clenching my jaw, I huffed out in annoyance.

"You wanted no more secrets." I mind-linked.

Pausing, he turned back to me. "I'm not keeping any secrets." He said defensively.

"I know, but I have something I need to tell you. Now." I told him pulling him aside away from all of the mayhem and other wolves.

Alec looked annoyed, but at the same time, still interested.

"Something is going to happen tonight," I say, biting my lip while looking around to see if anyone is listening in. Suddenly, he pulled me behind him into an empty room with two leather couches and a gaming system set up. He did it for privacy, but honestly, anyone could listen in at any time if they focused hard enough, even if we are whispering.

"Explain." He said.

"The director will be sending the two people he sent before to deliver another message," I tell him, hoping he'll believe me.

"And how do you know this?" He asked, crossing his arms but listening closely.

Thinking fast, I almost regret what I'm about to say, only because I didn't want to bring this person up again. I just want to forget about him, no matter how hard it will be.

"Xavier found out from his sources." I lied, hoping he'd buy it. "That's why he isn't here. He went back to the polarians to get some information but that's all they gave him." I say, almost wanting to bite my own tongue off for even mentioning anything about Xavier, the traitor.

"Will he be returning?" Alec asked. I shook my head, looking away.

"No." I felt his hand brush against mine in a gesture of comfort. He knows how much Xavier means to me, or rather, meant to me.

"Alright. Then what's your plan for tonight then. I'm sure you've come up with something." My eyes snapped to his quickly and for a moment, he looked thoughtful, maybe even, proud?

"I have," I say with a small smirk, starting to explain the plan.

I told him everything that needs to be done. From the extra guards to hidden trackers from within the land that can hopefully follow Caleb, the electricity boy, back to wherever he's sent from. If he gets anywhere near the doctor's lab though, Saige will throw them off their trail sticking to our agreement.

Hopefully, Caleb takes us to the director though, where we can at least know his whereabouts. It's a long shot, but it's worth it.

The only problem I'm going to have is injecting the antidote into Sophia without anyone noticing. If Alec or any of the patrol see me inject her, they'll know I'm working with the doctor and they'll think I've been lying all along.