Chapter 28

Xavier shoved the door in as hard as he can to hit whoever was on the other side. I rushed past him, taking advantage of the man's disorientation. I jabbed him in the throat roughly while kicking him onto his side waiting for Xavier to knock him out.

"Luna?"

The other guards, three of them, stood frozen with clenched fists glancing between Xavier and me with confused expressions. I waited for their attack, but they remained still.

"They won't attack you," Xavier told me. "You're the Luna."

"Luna, the Alpha won't like that you're here. Especially with him." One of the men said, glaring at Xavier.

I know by now Alec's meeting should be coming to an end, but I'd assume one of these guards have mind linked him my whereabouts.

"I know that. I don't expect you to understand, but I need to speak with the pack doctor's sister." I tell them in a hard tone.

"Only a small number of people are allowed to communicate with her. You are not one of them, I'm sorry." He said with a small bow.

Pursing my lips slightly, I looked down, nodding slowly. I really didn't want to have to do this. "So am I."

Shifting my body, I used my momentum the best I could to drop kick the guard in the temple. The other two growled low in their throats, a warning, that I needed to stop. When I didn't back down, their eyes glazed over and their teeth elongated, they were going to shift.

I know that when werewolves shift out of anger, it's hard to control their wolves and I am really not interested in finding out the damage they can do. Right when I thought they would change, they were soon on their knees yelling out and thrashing in pain holding their heads.

Looking back, Xavier had his eyes closed while he looked really focused. He was doing this. I didn't even know he can do this.

Not wasting a single second, I ran over to the other door that stood on the far side of the room, putting in the second code Saige wrote down for me. Opening the door, I held it open for Xavier who looked a little drained.

"They're knocked out, but not for long. The vessels in their brains will heal quickly, so if we are going to do this, we need to do it now." He said, looking back quickly probably to make sure all was clear.

"Okay, let's go."

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I walked through the threshold of the door. Dark grimy concrete walls like back at the institute? Whips that lay on tables or maybe an ankle chain connected to a wall for brutal interrogation?

No, not at all.

There were three clean, normal looking hallways we could take. Right, left, or straight.

"Damn," I muttered. In each hallway were multiple doors that had their own keypads on the side. This is definitely going to take up time, time that I don't have.

"There's only one code left, right?" Xavier asked. I nodded, handing him the piece of paper. Memorizing the code, he nodded, more determined than ever. "We'll guess until we get it right."

"That will take too much time," I say, biting my lip, trying to think.

"Then how do you suppose we find her?"

As much as I hate to admit it, Xavier's right. We're running out of time and I have no other options.

"Okay, you go right, I'll go left."

Parting ways, we both got to work. Punching in the code to multiple doors, not getting anywhere. There were no windows on these doors, so it's not as easy as just looking inside. I continued, getting even more frantic when I felt Alec trying to get into my head.