Chapter 6

The Brady Lake amusement park. Since 1861 it had been a place most well known for its seances and Fortune readers. And the frequent rumor of a gang having its base there but then again everywhere in Brady Lake was had some gang rumor around it. Either way, Brady Lake amusement park was the prime spot for historians who had an interest in the supernatural, not the best for planning a secret infiltration of a gang.

"The amusement park?" Muna squeaked in surprise. I'm sure if she had been drinking something she would've spit it out.  We're all surprised as we wait for an answer.

And he gives us a quite unsatisfying one, "I work there. It might not seem like it but it's a pretty private place. And so that is where we'll go." He started humming a soft tune, happy and jubilant as he opened the door to the cafe's exit. He turns to us expectantly and we all look at each other.

"Um... I've never been to the amusement park here in Brady Lake before. So, I guess now is as good a time as any?" Jake laughs nervously and ends his statement on with a higher pitched note making it seem more like a question. But we smile and nod and then head to the amusement park.

After a short walk, we arrive at the gates.  With a shared look between Z and the ticket inspector, we're in. Stepping in, it looks like any other amusement park; all windy roller coasters, big Ferris wheels, and colorful carousels. But there was a strange air I felt, pressing and mysterious. Maybe it's coming from the fact that no ones here? I wonder. Why isn't anyone here? From the times I've been here Brady Lake amusement park has always been busy and crowded.

"Why isn't anyone here?" I ask. Z slowly smiles slyly as his eyes take on a mischevious glint. 

"I told you it'd be private. I called in some favors and got them to vacate the area." He shrugs nonchalantly. The rest of us gape in shock. How did this guy manage to vacate the amusement park? August's eyebrows raise and I can tell he's getting suspicious of exactly what favors Z is talking about.

"Woah, that's cool," Jake says in awe. Z grins and turns around. We all follow but I see Ayda slink away and take out a phone. A phone? She said that Kaulas didn't allow them any technology, so why does she have a phone? I slowly turn my head to see everyone has moved and left me behind. Quickly, I decide whether to follow Ayda or the rest of my friends. I choose to trust her and run to catch up with my friends. 

"So, where, exactly, are we going?" August questions. 

Z points to a Ferris wheel. "There" We climb onto the Ferris wheel and into one of its cabins. "Ok, so I can easily get you into the Black Bones but what next?"

" Well, we should take some samples on the poison Kaulas is putting into everyone's food," Jake says.

"Yeah, and then we should find out what he's really planning," Muna adds on.

"And while we're doing that we can try to get proof of what he did to my dad," August says bitterly.

"Finally, we make them disband." I finish. 

"Hey, where's Ayda?" Jake asks, looking around. 

I tell all of them what I saw and we share a moment of confusion. Z shakes his head, "We can worry about that later. But for now, have we decided on a plan?"

"An outline for one, at least," I say.