Chapter 2

I am snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of people whisper-shouting. I turn to the kitchen to see Muna and August facing each other angrily. Now that I am paying attention I can hear them almost perfectly, save for a few words.

"Why can't you just be happy for once?! Mom is back!"

"Yeah, she's back after leaving us! Why can't you come to terms with the fact that she left us, Muna? She left you."

"You always do this! You always find a way to make everything so negative!" Muna's mouth twists and I know she's finding it's hard not to yell.

"I'm telling the truth." August whispers and Muna runs out of the kitchen. A few seconds pass before I hear muffled crying. I can't take it anymore and I come into the kitchen. August looks up, shock painting his features. I wrap my arms around him trying to provide the comfort he's provided me so many times. And we stand there like that for a few minutes.

"I knew," His voice is muffled by my hair but he stays right there and continues," About the gang. I searched and searched for her and my findings led to the Black Bones. Their base is in the ink factory. I found her but I didn't try to bring her back. I gave up, Auralia! " His voice cracks at the end as he burrows his face further into my hair.

"Shh...it's okay." He just cries harder at my try for consolation.

"No! You didn't give up! Even when you barely knew anything about them you didn't stop. And I... I..." He can't finish. No August, I didn't give up because I had you guys with me. I think but I just nod.

And I say, "Then don't give up this time. Okay? Now, go back to your room and go to sleep." He nods and walks out before pausing in the doorway.

"Thank you" And he walks out. I find my way back to the couch before finding I can't fall asleep. I step outside for a little and I for a second I think I see a flurry of golden scales fly over my head. I then head back to the table and pick up my computer to do some research. Jake had taught me how to access the dark web so I tried to use those new skills. 

Unfortunately, I didn't find much since I didn't know the Black Bones' leader's name. I'd have to ask Ayda tomorrow. Oh, that's it! I  tried looking up 'Ayda Daher' and found a page all about her.

The page read 'Ayda Daher is a loyal member of the Black Bones. She works as a weapon specialist, known for traveling the world collecting weapons. She is said to have been to every place a blacksmith once was. Along with collecting weapons, she is also infamous for making enemies where ever she stops at. Frequently starting arguments about the craft of weapons many hate her as well as admire her for her weaponry knowledge. Not much is known of her home life and her family.

I smiled. Nothing suspicious. I closed the lid of the computer and yawn as a little slip of golden paper flutters in. On it 'She isn't the one you should be worried about.' is written.

A/N: Ayda means returning/ visitor and Daher means clear/evident (both are Arabic names)