Chapter 5

"You probably met him. Kaulas was in my year and I think he tutored people in English. He was very popular because he was practically a perfect person." I did know him. We had talked a few times because we were both tutors but we weren't friends. It wasn't that big of a surprise since there is only one high school in all of Brady Lake. But I did wonder how could he be a perfect person if he killed Ayda's husband and poisoned his own members? Gang leaders were really good leaders.

"Kind and smart, everyone liked him. His only flaw was his tendency to bite off more than he could chew. Kind of like you," Kizuato pauses and smiles at me and I cringe," If he promised someone he would do something he did it. Even if that 'something' was dangerous." Now he gets quieter and looks down.

"Kizuato...?" Z tries to get his attention but there's not much you can do when you're separated by a glass wall.

Then he looks up and continues," Oh, I've been going on about him but not telling you what you want to know, right? Weakness wise... he has none." He breaks into yet another grin like this is just the most comforting news. 

My eyes widen and worry immediately takes over my mind. How are we going to fight a guy who has no weaknesses?  "Ha Ha, I'm just kidding! You should have seen your faces." He laughs and wipes his eyes from his breathless laughter.

I can feel my rage building up and am about to voice it when Z says exactly what was on my mind. "We don't have the time for jokes, Kizuato." 

" You're no fun. But fine. As you already he doesn't keep up with the deep web so he probably doesn't even know that I'm in jail or who Auralia is. So you can use that to your advantage. Kaulas is also very trusting. He's good with poisons, sneak attacks, and most long-distance attacks. But, he has always been pretty bad with hand-to-hand combat. And finally secrets-"

Kizuato is cut off by ringing. A guard comes into the room to move us out and we know there's no use fighting against him.

After coming back to Brady Lake we up with everyone- except for Daniel because of a doctor's appointment- at a local cafe

After coming back to Brady Lake we up with everyone- except for Daniel because of a doctor's appointment- at a local cafe. After briefing them on what we found out we sit in silence for a few minutes. This gives me the time to come to terms with who I just talked to. The same man I had wanted to kill was now the one I needed help from. How far had I fallen?

"Auralia, how are you?" Jake asks. He looks at me with such understanding eyes I am immediately comforted.

"I'm fine. I would've had to confront him sometime anyways." And it's true. I know I would've but I don't want to believe it. It's always so easy to just pretend what is to be isn't.

" Well, now that we have all of this information lets start planning. You'll need to come to my 'house'."

We look at each other in hesitation. Did we really want to go somewhere with someone we only just met? " Where do you live?" August asks cautiously. Ayda nods to support his question and we all look to Z awaiting an answer.

"The amusement park, of course!"