Chapter 8

8

The next day I didn't want to eat at home. I didn't even want to go to school. But I knew that if I stayed home mom was going to make me tell her what happened, and that wasn't happening. So when I woke up I decided to wear tight light denim blue jeans with holes in the knees and my baby pink top with my brown leather boots. I threw my hair in a bun with a strand of hair down in my face. I got my curler and curled that one piece. Then I just added some mascara and eyeshadow and lip gloss then ran out the door. But just my luck Matt was right outside.

"In a rush?" asked Matt. I knew he was joking with me.

"Yes now please move." I said as I pushed past him.

He ran after me. Once he caught up with me he stopped me. I really didn't want to be bugged, but I knew he was going to force this.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you think?"

"I won't unless you tell me Lola."

"Just forget it." I said as I continued to walk.

"What's wrong with you today? You really want to get to school that bad?"

"You really think I want to go there?"I yelled.

"I don't know Lola. You aren't telling me anything."

"Would you want to go back to school knowing what's going to happen?"

"How do you know what's going to happen?"

"You know that was the beginning. Don't deny it Matt."

"I'll be there with you. It will all be o-"

"I don't want to go Matt." I yelled louder.

"Then don't."he yelled back.

"I can't just skip school Matt."

"Yes, yes you can."

"No, no I can't."

"Why can't you? If you really don't want to go then don't. Nobody's going to stop you."

"I have to go to school to learn. Plus I would have so much work to do after. No matter how much I don't want to go, it's not worth it."

"You are literally in all honors classes. And don't act like you haven't already done the work for the week. I know you have already finished all of it . I know what you do. You ask the teachers for the weeks work on Monday, do the work Monday and Tuesday night, then you read during school the rest of the week."

I didn't know anyone knew I did that. I try to keep it laid back. All the teachers understand that I do it because I have a disorder to where if there are distractions around I can't focus. But nobody else knew this. I always had the work the same night as others when I started this school. But the students at this school could care less about paying attention in class. It made it hard. So I just talked it over with my teachers and that's that.

"How do you know about that?"

"When I was waiting for you after class to get out I heard you ask Mr.Kenney. "

"You haven't told anyone have you?"

"No. But why do you do it?"

"I have an attention deficit disorder. I can't focus when there are distractions. And-"

"And our school is filled with people who don't care about their education."

"Exactly."

"Don't worry, I get it. But you didn't have to tell me if you didn't want to."

"I wanted to."

"So where to?"

"School."

"I thought you didn't want to go."

"I don't. But they would call my mom, the mom would ask why I skipped, and then I'll have to explain to her what's been going on with Sarah, and I don't feel like doing that, to school it is."

"They won't call."

"Yes they will."

"Okay they would, but-"

"See there's a 'but', therefore it's a no. We are going to school. That's final."

"But that's not what you want to do."

"So?"

"So would you rather go to school or hang out with me?"

"I would rather not get in trouble. Matt I've never missed a day of school."

"We can change that."

"No. Matt I'm fine."

"I know for a fact that when girls say I'm fine it's not true."

Matt always makes me feel better. Just his whole personality makes me laugh. I don't understand why he makes me feel this way.

"How did you figure that out?"

"I googled it."

"Oh my gosh."

"What?"

"Lets just head to school."

"Fine."

We walked to the school talking about all the things Matt has googled and what the answers were. Let's just say google does not know all the answers.