Prologue

The Kingdom of Arundel was enormous and bordered between huge mountains to the North, the ocean to the South, a huge lake to the East and rich forests to the West

The Kingdom of Arundel was enormous and bordered between huge mountains to the North, the ocean to the South, a huge lake to the East and rich forests to the West. The bustling trade in Arundel consisted mainly of parchment, perfumes, textiles, furs and most importantly, precious metals. The latter being so vast in abundance that the kingdom was envied by both allies and enemies.

The landscape was a delight, especially in the summer and winter when nature showed off it's beauty. It was common knowledge that aside from it's great wealth, the kingdom was also very beautiful, From clear blue rivers, emerald forests and huge waterfalls, there was plenty of scenic wonders to see in Arundel.

Furthermore, despite having one of the fiercest and largest armies, the kingdom was peaceful unless provoked. Like their Queen, Helevisa Anne the II, the citizens of Arundel were courteous towards foreigners. When people came for trade or political audience, they were always welcomed with great hospitality. The Queen felt that communication with foreigners was essential to the advancement of the kingdoms well being. Indeed, Arundel was a nation to be both admired and feared.

For the most part, all was well in the kingdom until one fateful day that set the course of your life ablaze. While visiting Brackhill Castle, you were awakened from your sound slumber before the rooster had crowed. You had been visiting your mother, the Queen, while things were being prepared for upcoming festivals and tournaments. In the darkness of Brackhill Palace, you were led through corridors; still half asleep; by your handmaidens and Pippa, your Lady In Waiting.

They led you to a room occupied by Yasmine, your Governess and personal cleric Priest Crispianus Grundherr. As you rubbed your tired eyes, you finally realized you were in the chapel.

Still in your night clothes and velvet robe you were first led in the Lord's Prayer and given communion

When that was complete, Governess Yasmine placed her hand on your shoulder as Priest Crispianus delivered the bad news. Your mother, Queen Helevisa Ann The II, monarch of Arundel had died suddenly in her sleep. You stood numb and dumbfounded wishing what you had heard was part of a bad dream you could awaken from. But sadly it was all too real. At the tender age of ten, you were now parent-less.